in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-27-2009 10:08 AM by diggs2701. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2009 10:08 AM

Samsung Blu-ray DVD with BeoSystem 1/BV4

I had this posted in the General section but this might be more appropriate...

Hello all,

I recently upgraded my DVD to Blu-ray (Samsung BD-P3600; thank you Michael for the recommendation) but I am having some trouble with the connections. I searched the forums and tried everything but I am still getting no video (black screen) and audio seems to work fine.

I have a zektor switch with the BeoSystem 1 (BeoVision 4) and have my DVR, Blu-Ray, iMac and Wii hooked up through component cables. All other external devices work properly but the DVD will not show video through component.

I set the Samsung BD-P3600 to output video at 480p and it didn't work and I also tried 1080i to no avail. When I had it set up through analog video cable it worked fine but quality was low. I also have the DVD set to Samsung BD-P1000 in the external devices under the BeoSystem 1 so I assume it should look for component first. Do I have to do a hard reset (unplug mains for 30 seconds) when hooking up new devices to the BeoSystem 1?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diggs

Update:

I still have it set at 1080i and only component cables going from the blu-ray dvd to the beosystem 1 (for video). I changed from STB to DVD on the Beo5 and the Samsung (no disc was in) start screen came up and it was very blurry and had lots of lines going through it etc. When I hit the Menu button on the Samsung DVD remote the BeoVision 4 actually shut off. No other equipment shut off and actually all sound worked fine. I had to hard reset the Beosystem 1 to get the TV to work properly again. Am I correct to assume that the output from the DVD player is still incorrect? Should I try 480P again? 

Thank you,

Diggs

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)