in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-27-2009 5:13 AM by Fatandre. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2009 12:06 PM

Hi there. New and want to say hi and also ask a few questions

Hi there you guys. I have always loved the B&O and I own a Serene. I think I will be moving toward the Iphone and its hard to seperate from the B&O phone. Its not yet desided, but it would be nice to hear what you think of it. I also have few products like the Beotalk 400 and a beocom 6000. The plan is to make my collection bigger and bigger, but I am still young and have time. Some quesitions regarding the serene? Can you do some cool stuff with it?

• 10-26-2009 12:15 PM In reply to

Re: Hi there. New and want to say hi and also ask a few questions

The Serene in my view is very limited and B&O will be pulling out of this market soon. I did have a Serene for a while but now have an iPhone. Very common I know but a far better phone in every way in my opinion. The Serene does have its fans though - the looks are certainly different.

For home phones, the B&O range is excellent though - the new Beocom 5 is versatile and interesting - get the new brochure due out soon!

Welcome to Beoworld!

• 10-26-2009 12:22 PM In reply to

Well. I wont be selling my serene, but I was wondering if I can get it fixed. It has fallen few times out of my pocket and the horns are a little bit beaten up. Can I get that fixed. I see no reason for getting a new Serene due to the fact I am heading into the direction of the Iphone.

• 10-26-2009 2:16 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

The Serene is a great ladies phone. I would love my wife to swap hers for an iPhone like me, but she's not having it. So if you want to impress the ladies then keep it. Wink

• 10-26-2009 2:22 PM In reply to

®:

The Serene is a great ladies phone. I would love my wife to swap hers for an iPhone like me, but she's not having it. So if you want to impress the ladies then keep it. Wink

Yeah. You are right. The girls love it. The biggest minus is how hard it is to type a message. Maybe someone here can help me. Where would it be cheapest to get a Iphone 3gs 32 gig unlocked?

• 10-26-2009 4:33 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

It's no shame to go iPhone. I'm a die hard B&O fan, but I haven't got any B&O cell phone.

There are other guys who are better on that market.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 10-26-2009 4:47 PM In reply to

Yes I know but it was priceles when I got the Serene. I was the first one in Iceland to get one. The best part is I was only 18 when I got it. when I heard there was a waiting list I was the first one to get on it and 3 months of saving finally made the dream come true.

• 10-26-2009 5:50 PM In reply to

I have a Serene and like it very much. I also have an iTouch and my wife has an iPhone. I have thought of getting an iPhone but do not want to part with the Serene yet. Is my understanding correct that with the new iPhones the sim card is removable so in theory one could switch the sim card between the iPhone and a Serene depending on which phone was desired?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 10-26-2009 5:59 PM In reply to

Razlaw:

I have a Serene and like it very much. I also have an iTouch and my wife has an iPhone. I have thought of getting an iPhone but do not want to part with the Serene yet. Is my understanding correct that with the new iPhones the sim card is removable so in theory one could switch the sim card between the iPhone and a Serene depending on which phone was desired?

Yes you are correct. I thought this through today and I am going for the Iphone. Life is 2 short to say NO to things you wantBig Smile Its just so nice to have all this on your pocket. A gps, cam, internet and so many other things

• 10-26-2009 6:58 PM In reply to

I have a Serene. I think it's a great mobile phone, and great for texting once you get the hang of the circular layout and avoid touching the wheel by accident (which repositions the cursor).

The text memory is not too good, but then I am not good at deleting texts received. Photographs are better than the pixel count suggests, but you do need to use the camera as a waist level portrait format camera.......... and no one will realise you are taking their photograph!

Disadvantages? It's useless when it comes to web browsing. If not held carefully you can find the motor trying to close the phone as you get it to your ear. If I'm honest the iPhone beats it in just about every area other than 'being different'!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 10-27-2009 5:13 AM In reply to

I must say that I find this forum great. Funny that I havnt found it earlyer because, This is my second day and you people are great.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)