in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-20-2007 5:28 PM by Iconic-AV. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-18-2007 1:34 PM

my first masterlink

ive just wired up my first 3 masterlink wall boxes( only a year since i started channeling the wallsLaughing ) although i cant get the link room to talk to the main room or vice versa

the main room has the avant rf dvd - option 1

the link room has the bv3 -option 6 and beosound 3200 -option 6

in the link room i run the beosound 3200 through the bv3 speakers which works well each in its own masterlink wall box so i know ive connected the boxes right there

however i have had no joy getting either dvd in the link room or cd/radio/cd memory in the main room

you may remember me from such statments as "masterlink is easy i dont know what the fuss is about" EmbarrassedLaughing

jay

jason

• 06-18-2007 1:50 PM In reply to

Re: my first masterlink

jay:

ive just wired up my first 3 masterlink wall boxes( only a year since i started channeling the wallsLaughing ) although i cant get the link room to talk to the main room or vice versa

the main room has the avant rf dvd - option 1

the link room has the bv3 -option 6 and beosound 3200 -option 6

in the link room i run the beosound 3200 through the bv3 speakers which works well each in its own masterlink wall box so i know ive connected the boxes right there

however i have had no joy getting either dvd in the link room or cd/radio/cd memory in the main room

you may remember me from such statments as "masterlink is easy i dont know what the fuss is about" EmbarrassedLaughing

jay

The options I would use are:

BV3 in option 6 ,

BS3200 in option 0 (speakers of the BV3 are used and the BV3 will handle the cd/radio instructions)

The Avant RF DVD in option 2, so it will also respond to cd/radio instructions.

First connect all the ML cables and then connect the BV3/BS3200 and Avant to the mains.

Beobuddy. 

• 06-18-2007 2:02 PM In reply to

thanks Beobuddy,

although it didnt work, im going to rewire the main room wall box, its the first one i wired so it may be the problem

cheers jay

jason

• 06-18-2007 2:12 PM In reply to

ha ha, it was a loose wireLaughing

but thanks beobuddy for the right options and the quick reply

im so excited, im off now to play with a new b+o dimention, yippeeeParty!!!

jay

jason

• 06-18-2007 2:14 PM In reply to

jay:

thanks Beobuddy,

although it didnt work, im going to rewire the main room wall box, its the first one i wired so it may be the problem

cheers jay

About the the wall mounted ML boxes I have.

With a soldering iron I have soldered the leads in the box. That secures the connection you have made of each lead. So you will know that there are no loose connections when you put the plate/connector back in the wall.

Have you tried (dis)connecting the Avant/BV3 and BS3200 from the mains? 

• 06-18-2007 2:16 PM In reply to

jay:

ha ha, it was a loose wireLaughing

but thanks beobuddy for the right options and the quick reply

im so excited, im off now to play with a new b+o dimention, yippeeeParty!!!

jay

Have fun Party!!!

• 06-18-2007 6:06 PM In reply to

Make sure you post photos when you are done Jay - your house looks fantastic!!
  • 06-18-2007 6:27 PM In reply to

I certainly will, thanks Mobe flattery will get you everywhere!!

Jay 

jason

• 06-18-2007 6:46 PM In reply to

O.K Audio is sorted hurrah!!! in any room i want. CD/Radio & A.Mem.

It would seem that Video is a whole different story.

From the link room BV3 am trying to access DVD or V.Tape from the main room Avant with a little help from my beautiful assistant i am told that from the link room i am able to start DVD and V.Tape but do not get a picture in the link room. 

As well as Masterlink i've got coax cable from the Avant link socket to the BV3 aerial socket.

I'm sure its staring me right in the face but i've gone over it so many times i just cant see the .........BIG PICTURE!!!! or any picture at all LaughingConfused

Jay   

jason

• 06-19-2007 2:00 AM In reply to

Have you enabled the RF (link) output in the menu of the AVANT ? if not that will be the most likely reason for lack of picture. I am assuming you have sound in the link from the DVD etc ?

Regards Keith....

• 06-20-2007 5:28 PM In reply to

thanks again for the helpful replys,

it turned out that id plugged the wrong coax in, i knew i should of labelled them before i plastered them in the wallsHmm

next time i ask why somethings not working, feel free to ask if ive plugged the bugger inLaughing

everythings now working how it should, next job is the beolink passive in the bathroom, just a few connections away (noooooooooooooooooooo)

jay

jason

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)