in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-20-2007 4:33 PM by Alex. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2007 3:25 PM

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

subwoofer

I just found a velodyne DD10 sub at a shop that's going out of business for a steal.  I noticed that the DD12 was spoken highly of in an earlier post.  However, I would be using it with a BS1 living room setup with BL3s.  Would the DD10 loose alot of it's value once I use the BS1 to control it?  I need some low end, but my first priority is to the music quality.  I want to get the BL2 but I'm a little hesitant as I keep hearing some of you guys complain about it's "musicality."  I don't have to get anything right now but if this DD10 was a great solution I didn't want to pass it by.  However, if it's going to be too much of a frankenstein then I'll pass.
    Thanks

-Michael

• 06-20-2007 4:33 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: subwoofer

I'd go for it. I've only ever heard 2 Velodyne subs (can't remember the model names), but they were both very impressive! Not as loud as the BL2, but definitely faster and more detailed, and they were much cheaper Smile (although very ugly).

It should integrate fine with the BSys1, just get a PowerLink to Line cable (your dealer can supply), and run into the line input on the Velodyne.

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)