in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-12-2009 11:33 AM by gar074. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2009 2:49 PM

Beolit 600 (1201)

Evening all.

I am a new member and this is my first post which I am sure has been covered lots of times but here goes.

I have a broken dial cord on a beolit 600 (1201 model) and to save me a lot of time as the info is not in the envelope.

Does anyone know the length the cord is (saves faffing) and where can you obtain it from RS  has obviously stopped selling it

can't find it in the CPC cat any ideas. And please go gently

• 04-30-2009 4:59 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Beolit 600 (1201)

Hi and welcome to BeoworldSmile

Are you a smoker? If not then you will be by the time you've managed to restring thisBig Smile They are not the easiest things in the world to do, I think they must have used octupusses to assemble them in the factory. I can't help you with the length of the cord unfortunately but I do have some proper dial cord if you want it. It is a pre - cut length, one of which I used to restring a beolit 700 (never again!) so it should be long enough. Let me know if you want it.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-01-2009 5:30 AM In reply to

Hi Chris.

Thank you for your kind offer and yes I would like to take you up on it.

As I don't like publishing my home address on the net I will give you my e-mail address and perhaps I could let you have the details off the boards. I would be very happy to give you something for the cord and the money for the postage.

I used to be in the radio and tv trade in the seventies so that should help. Also I have another 600 I can use for reference.

Kind regards.

Mike

michaelparkins@aol.com

• 05-20-2009 3:04 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

EEK - I totally forgot about this thread and my offer MikeEmbarrassed

I have sent you an email.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-12-2009 11:33 AM In reply to

• gar074
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-12-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

I hope you don't mind me resurrecting this thread on my first post on this site.  I did a site search and this thread popped up. 

I've just spent 2 hrs attempting to repair the tuning string on my much-loved Beolit 700, and so far I've got nowhere!  I just can't work out how it is supposed to go around the pulleys & tensioners.  Do you have any pointers on how to refit it?  I've no experience or expertise in fixing this kind of stuff, so please be gentle!

Thanks

Gareth 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)