in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-06-2009 6:33 PM by geearr. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-05-2009 7:31 AM

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

Beogram 8002 lid removal

Hi everyone

I am currently rebuilding my Beogram 8002 and want to remove and dismantle the lid.  One of the first tasks is to take off the black cover at the back designated part 007 in the service manual and so far, I haven’t got past this step.  This plastic strip is very flimsy and seems to be anchored in two places on the right and left sides of the spring mechanism.  Can anyone advise how this item is clipped in place and how to remove it safely without breaking anything.

All help appreciated

Geoff

• 10-05-2009 8:43 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beogram 8002 lid removal

Leave the strip in place if you can. It will break if touched.

Instead press out the long steel pin that runs the whole width of the Beogram.

Martin

• 10-06-2009 6:33 PM In reply to

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

Re: Beogram 8002 lid removal

Hi Martin

Thanks for the advice, correct as usual.  I removed the rod from the hinge last night and the lid came off fairly easily.  With the lid off, I was able to remove the rear plastic back part and I can now see how that black cover is fitted on.  As you infer, there is no real reason to take it off as I now have good access to most of the bits and pieces.

So far, all of the plastic components around the lid are not broken so I don’t want to push my luck in that regard.  A good clean up and lubrication is all that is going to be required to get this unit back in good shape once again.

Regards

Geoff

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)