in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-01-2009 10:41 AM by tournedos. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2009 7:10 AM

BeoSystem 3 with an HDMI to Component/RGB converter

Has anyone used a BeoSystem 3 with an HDMI to Component/RGB converter for use with a projector or tv that lacks HDMI? I've found a device called the HD Fury2 that claims to offer HDCP compliancy. Has anyone had success with such devices? Any handshake issues or loss of video quality?

• 10-01-2009 10:41 AM In reply to

Re: BeoSystem 3 with an HDMI to Component/RGB converter

Apparently they are trying to circumvent the HDCP compliance requirement of "no easy end-user access to decoded analogue video" by making it a dongle. I can't see how that could legally stand up, because all you would need to make all the (analogue) HD copies you might want, is a cable adapter.

Technically the concept itself seems plausible, I have no direct experience with this (or any other) similar product. But of course, to get any real benefit out of this, you need to have a HD display device - otherwise, all you get is a picture downscaled to SD, and you could probably get the same end result with a direct analogue connection.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)