in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-09-2009 12:01 PM by Mr10Percent. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2009 2:28 PM

• davlei
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-06-2009
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

About to purchase Beosound5, just a few questions:

1) How easy is it to create playlists? Once created, how easy is it to then play them and navigate to various songs from the Beosound & remote?

2) Does is completely Sync with Itunes (ie. When I rip a CD and add artwork to the albums on iTunes)

3) Being new to B&O, which is the best remote to purchase for the Beosound 5?

4) Can I view pictures from the BeoMaster on a Sony TV?

Many thanks,

• 10-08-2009 4:25 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: About to purchase Beosound5, just a few questions:

1)  You can really only create 4 playlists.  It is rather easy to do (navigate to the song using the wheel, hold GO until you get a menu that says "Add to favorites" and pick your color and let go), and easy to navigate (as there are only 4).  IMHO, one of the main points of MOTS is that you don't *need* to create playlists - it creates them for you on the fly... you just pick the first song.  I might suggest that one's feelings on this point separates those who like the BS5 and those who do not.  If you really like to build playlists and need to listen to a specific song at a specific time or in a specific sequence, then the BS5 will leave you disappointed.  On the other hand, if you'd rather not be bothered with building playlists and are flexible about how you get your music, then the BS5 is great.

2)  If you're talking about iTunes on Apple, then you rip, add artwork, then drag and drop the songs from iTunes to BeoConnect (little app that lives in the dock).  If you're talking about Windows, then you must use BeoPlayer to at least attach to the BM5 (map the BM5 to a network drive on your local PC).  Then you can drag and drop the files using the file system, but I have no problem wiith BeoPlayer (insert CD, wait for it to find the track names and artwork, drag the album/songs to the BS5).

3)  There's very little that you can do with the remote so I don't see any reason for spending extra money on the Beo5.

4)  I believe the BM5 only works with B&O TVs.

I hope I haven't talked you out of it, but if you want very specific control vs. the BS5's automagic, then I'd recommend using an iPhone or iPod Touch with a remote app vs. BS5.

Stan

• 10-09-2009 3:28 AM In reply to

Hi, 

In addition to the previous comments/replies, I can add that BeoMaster 5 will work with any non B&O TV, the only thing you'll have to add if you want full control of the system will be an external infra-red receiver to be able to use Beo4 or Beo5 for your navigation. I don't know if anyone tried using a mouse and/or keyboard ony for navigation, since the base is still a PC rather than a sound system?

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 10-09-2009 3:59 AM In reply to

Also with the update of the firmware (I think it was 3 weeks ago??) the IR socket at the BM5 is still NOT activated, so there is NO way at the moment to navigate in the BM5 menue for pictures or web at non B&O TV's...unfortunatly.

I'm waiting for this feature since January...

• 10-09-2009 12:01 PM In reply to

Stan:
    1)  You can really only create 4 playlists.  It is rather easy to do (navigate to the song using the wheel, hold GO until you get a menu that says "Add to favorites" and pick your color and let go), and easy to navigate (as there are only 4).  IMHO, one of the main points of MOTS is that you don't *need* to create playlists - it creates them for you on the fly... you just pick the first song.  I might suggest that one's feelings on this point separates those who like the BS5 and those who do not.  If you really like to build playlists and need to listen to a specific song at a specific time or in a specific sequence, then the BS5 will leave you disappointed.  On the other hand, if you'd rather not be bothered with building playlists and are flexible about how you get your music, then the BS5 is great.

A little long-winded but you can also create a new windows/mac music folder - call it "Playlist 1" to "Playlist 99" (or more), cut and paste your favorate tracks from other directories and renumber. and scan via Beoplayer. The BS5 will show albums called "Playlist" and play your favourite tunes from start to end before engaging MOT's mode.

As I say, a little long winded and a bit of heavy non-intuative work but it does workaround the 4 playlist limitation.

10%

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)