in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-22-2009 10:03 AM by tournedos. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-22-2009 9:48 AM

• depe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-22-2009
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Beovision MX600 speaker

Hello,

I own and use B&O audio and video products for nearby 20 years and still like it a lot! I'd like to build now my first surround setup using my MX6000. For aesthetical reasons I want use the speakers built into the MX6000 as center speakers, despite they might not be best from the sound quality point of view.   

Here is the equipment that I actually have installed in my living room:

• BS9000, connected via PL to a pair of BL8000
    • MX6000, connected via a Beolink converter box to the BS9000
    • A DVD1, connected to the MX6000 using a scart cable

In addition to this, I also own a BeolinkPassive kit, a BeolinkActive kit and a pair of BL4000. I'd like to setup a surround system using the following compnents:

1. MX6000/DVD1
    2. A third party AV pre/pro, with the preamp outputs converted to PL driving Beolab's (should not be a problem, can use the pre/pro trigger output to turn on and off the PL)
    3. MX6000 speakers as center speaker
    4. Pair of BL8000 as front left/right speaker
    5. Pair of BL4000 as rear left/right, alternatively some passive speakers combined with BeolinkPassive
    6. No subwoofer for the beginning

Now, here is the tricky part that worries me. I have no idea how to drive the speaker of the MX6000 by the AV pre/pro. Ideally, I would like to use the  PL connectors on the back of the MX6000 and use the MX6000 as a beolab, so to speak. However, I guess that the PL on the MX6000 work only as audio output but not as audio input.  The MX6000 has further passive speaker connectors, intended to drive external 8Ohm speakers. Now, again, I don't know whether these connectors can accept an audio signal to drive the internal speakers, which I could deliver from the BeolinkPassive kit. Obviously I don't want to try these things based on trial and error and risk permanent damage.

Hi guys, please don't let me down with my problem! Thank you for any feedback.

• 09-22-2009 10:03 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision MX600 speaker

Welcome to the forum!

No, you cannot use any of the speaker connectors in the MX to drive sound into it. You have pretty much only two options:

• Connect the center channel output (line level) from your processor to the SCART audio inputs on the MX. This will require you to build a special cable that will only allow video signals straight from the DVD1, but audio from elsewhere. You will need to arrange a similar setup for all other video sources as well. Do you have any other sources?
    • Disconnect the MX speakers internally from the TV set and wire them out, connecting to an external amp (obviously only to be done by qualified & capable technical persons...).

Or, the third option, don't do it and use an external center. I have an MX6000 myself and can see how you don't want anything cluttering the view, but the speakers in it really aren't that great.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)