in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-07-2009 8:26 AM by beocool. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2009 5:04 AM

Beomaster 5500 Tape 2 light stays on

My parents' Beomaster 5500 has developed a small problem. The Tape 2 light stays on all the time. For instance when you listen to the radio, the radio light is on, as usual, but also Tape 2. It also shows Tape 2 when it's in standby mode. Otherwise it operates as it should. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 10-07-2009 5:27 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 5500 Tape 2 light stays on

I took a quick look in the schematic as I happened to have it spread out anyway... It seems that this fault can't be too complicated if everything else works normally. It's either a short circuit on the board (dunno how that could happen spontaneously) or the MM5450 IC that controls the LEDs has a pin stuck low.

The chip, although being quite old, is still in production, so getting a new one should not be too much trouble. Not too bad physically either since it is located in the front panel, which is quite easy to disassemble. Of course, if the TP2 input has nothing connected, the simplest "fix" would be to disconnect the two LEDs that light it...

-mika

• 10-07-2009 8:26 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 5500 Tape 2 light stays on

Thanks Mika! Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)