in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-17-2009 2:09 AM by bkbtty. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-25-2009 12:26 PM

Beocom 4 - No contact with base?

Hello,

I was given a used Beocom 4 phone, but are experiencing problems getting the phone and the base unit to make contact. The phone just keeps saying 'No contact with base'. The base seems to work fine otherwise, and I had no problem charging the phone through the base. I have tried removing the battery in the phone to restart it, but it didn't help. Any suggestions, or should I give up trying? :-(

Thanks,

/Thomas

• 05-25-2009 2:25 PM In reply to

Re: Beocom 4 - No contact with base?

I would suggest that the problem is with the connection of the base to your telephone line. That would give you the symptoms you describe. Check the wires you have been given. Was the phone made for your market?

• 05-25-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

The phone is connected to a voice over IP-connection through a ZyXEL Prestige 2602R-D1A router, where I previously have been using a Beocom 1401 with no problems, but when I connect the Beocom 4 base with the wire from Line to Phone 1 on the ZyXEL router, it says 'No contact with base'. But it says so no matter if it's connected or not, and I figured that it meant if the phone was in contact with the base and not if it was in contact with the telephone wire/signal, but perhaps I'm wrong about this?

• 05-25-2009 2:37 PM In reply to

Have you tried with just a normal phone line? B&O phones can be a little temperamental if not presented with a normal scenario!

• 05-25-2009 2:40 PM In reply to

No, I haven't had the chance yet, but I'll try that. So 'No contact with base' usually means that the phone can't get a connection with the phone signal?

• 05-25-2009 3:02 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Check how the cables are plugged into the t adaptor, it's easy to get them the wrong way around. 

The lead from the base/charger should plug into the adaptor socket marked "App", then the "power" and "line" leads are obvious.

Another check is to switch off the handset completely, then sit it on the base. It should switch on, you will see the red led blink.  If it doesn't switch on, it may be a prolem with the power supply. If there is no power to the base, you will get that message"no contact with base".

Opman

• 05-27-2009 2:55 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

"No contact with base" means that the handset cannot find the base station. It has nothing to do with cables, VoIP etc. The message tells the user that the base station is out of reach. Since you've had no problems charging the handset, the base station is powered and the problem does not lie in the power adaptor or the cable.
    Furthermore the message tells you that the handset is registered to the base station but cannot find it.

I have to recommend you to visit a dealer to let him try to re-register the handset to the base station. To me it sounds as if the base station is broken, but there is a chance that it's just the base station that has lost its registration data i.e. the base station does not recognize the handset and will not accept the handset.

The dealer should be able to re-register the handset.

I hope this helps.

Br,
    Burnix

• 09-17-2009 2:09 AM In reply to

• bkbtty
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-17-2009
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hi there, I have recently discovered the same problem with my Beocom 4 (no contact with base)  and was wondering if you found a solution?  Cheers Alex

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)