in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-18-2009 1:22 PM by Griebel. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-27-2009 4:35 AM

Beosound 5 MOTS

Hello - I am haveing trouble with the MOTS function. When the system plays a track - it sometimes does not continue, I understand MOTS to find another track. What am I doing wrong. I bought the system to analyse my collection and select similar songs - it is not doing it!

Cheers Jim

• 07-27-2009 6:58 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 5 MOTS

Hello Jim,

what exactly do you do to enable MOTS?

If there is a song you like then you have to press and hold GO for about 3 seconds. The menu on the right side of the screen will change and

ADD TO LIST will be displayed. Just release the GO button and switch down to LIST on the left side. Here you go, the MOTS list should be there.

Remember to give BeoSound 5 some time to analyze new songs. It takes approx. 10 seconds per song.

Regards

• 07-27-2009 8:35 AM In reply to

I have tried that - still no luck. It plays the one song and then stops...

• 07-30-2009 4:56 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Does it do this with every song, or just a few?  I have a few songs that must not have anything similar (or maybe they are too long - I did see an error message when poking around on the BM5 that a song or two was too long for MOTS analysis - these were ~20 minute classical pieces).

Also, if you load 100s of songs, it may take a day or two to analyze them all.

Stan

• 07-31-2009 6:29 PM In reply to

MOTS is rather slow. Deprending the number of titles you have, it can take several days to analyze your library and then come up with a list of songs which follow the one you've choosen.

• 08-22-2009 7:25 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Have waited for over a 10 days now and  having the same problem plays one track then stops???

It seems that MOTS is not switced on.

Admittedly I have thousands of tracks including many many classical.

Have even been in contact with Struer and they don't have an answer yet, it is getting frustrating.......................

Other than that it is great!

• 08-25-2009 3:06 AM In reply to

Hi,

I have since a week a beosound 5 and loaded it up with 40.000 songs ....
    I've seen the mots function is working slow in the background. As soon as you touch the wheel it stops motsing because beomaster  needs the performance for the display and playing songs. It can take more than half a day before it starts again motsing.
    I looked also in the log files and saw some error messages like , song to long or even to short, so this means it will not mots everything. I've seen the mots service started to mots the artists starting with the letter A, maybe you can try to select one of those
    The best is to leave the system for a couple of days, maybe  a couple of weeks alone without touching it ... so it can mots the whole library. 

nico

• 09-03-2009 8:03 AM In reply to

How can you tell when MOTS is running, and when it is not?

I have large problems getting mine to work as well. Have had the unit for a couple of weeks, and still it is only quite few songs that activates a MOTS playlist.

The way I see it, MOTS dosnt run too fast when the unit is playing. On the other hand, when there is no music, MOTS only have some 20 mins or so to funtion, before the BeoMaster 5 goes into power save mode. Is this only an issue with my box?

I had some 100 Gigs of songs on mine, now I have removed about half, and will try to see if I have any luck in making the box indexing those.

MOTS is what is cool about this unit compared to other stuff on the market, so it better bloody work! :-)

• 09-03-2009 9:38 AM In reply to

nico vercammen:

Hi,

I have since a week a beosound 5 and loaded it up with 40.000 songs ....

nico

40,000!!!!!!!!

Now that is a collection! I thought I was doing well with 33,000! Laughing

• 09-05-2009 7:21 AM In reply to

There was supposed to be an update with a MOTS progression indicator. I haven't seen anything so far and still don't have any clue why sometimes new songs get integrated by MOTS 5 min after transfer to the BM5, and sometimes take 10 days!

• 09-14-2009 1:48 PM In reply to

I can see the mots process  stops as soon as you turn the wheel. (it stops creating files in the mots directory)
    It can take a day before it starts again analysing.
    I also saw some very strange things in the mots directory, for example it created more than 500  4KB files in, 1 minute ..
    I think there are still some bugs to solve in this soft ...
    It would be a good idea to have an interface to this mots database.
    or something else to see what is doing ...
    or at least which files are analysed and which not

nico

• 09-15-2009 7:42 AM In reply to

Hello,

Where are this Mots directory ?? and where are the pictures of the covers in the beomaster5, I was unable to find any .jpg files ??

Thanks for your answers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV7-40, BL9, BL4000, BL2000, BV6-26, Beosound 5, Avant70

• 09-15-2009 10:46 AM In reply to

well, you have to go into service mode
    you can do this on the connected TV screen by pressing "configuration"
    than type "00GO", you will see an extended menu were you see "maintnenace", there you can find  "service menu"
    it will start XP on the screen and will say "service mode"
    if you go to e:\cache you can find the mots directory.
    I sharted it on the network, so i can see it from my computer
    pictures are also in the cache directory (covers) 

nico 

• 09-17-2009 3:07 AM In reply to

I had problems with the mots function, 
    system was slow, even crashing several times not starting up mots service again etc etc

Now, i did a clean install of the soft (again ... maybe the 5th time)
    and started to copy the music files in chunks of 1 GB
    But before I cleaned up my mp3 files, so there are only music file mp3, flac etc.
    A sson as i copy it strts the mots service cleanly. When i turn the wheel and play some songs, the mots service stops, but start sagain after a couple of minutes when the system is in standby. Before it could take more than a day before it started again.
    Also it created som "undef" files int he mots directory.
    And even more strange, i had the impression the daytabase was mixed up ...
    Combining Tool with Hooverphonic is not ok i guess ....
    I think there were some files in my library which the mots service does not like.
    I coulg find jpeg files for cover albums some txt files etc.
    So, after deleting them  it seems to function more properly (till now ...)
    I can see in the /cache/mots directory already 5000 files created by the mots serivce.
    Before my cleanup, i had a max of 5 to 600 files .... (tried at least 5 times after fresh install)
    Each 4KB file represents a song with a mots label
    I also found they are using Sqlite as a database (sqlite.org)
    which is an open-source  database 

nico

• 09-17-2009 6:51 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

nico vercammen:

I had problems with the mots function, 
    system was slow, even crashing several times not starting up mots service again etc etc

Now, i did a clean install of the soft (again ... maybe the 5th time)
    and started to copy the music files in chunks of 1 GB
    But before I cleaned up my mp3 files, so there are only music file mp3, flac etc.
    A sson as i copy it strts the mots service cleanly. When i turn the wheel and play some songs, the mots service stops, but start sagain after a couple of minutes when the system is in standby. Before it could take more than a day before it started again.
    Also it created som "undef" files int he mots directory.
    And even more strange, i had the impression the daytabase was mixed up ...
    Combining Tool with Hooverphonic is not ok i guess ....
    I think there were some files in my library which the mots service does not like.
    I coulg find jpeg files for cover albums some txt files etc.
    So, after deleting them  it seems to function more properly (till now ...)
    I can see in the /cache/mots directory already 5000 files created by the mots serivce.
    Before my cleanup, i had a max of 5 to 600 files .... (tried at least 5 times after fresh install)
    Each 4KB file represents a song with a mots label
    I also found they are using Sqlite as a database (sqlite.org)
    which is an open-source  database 

nico

I don't think it can handle flac files - I'm not sure if they will cause problems or just show us a unknown files types.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-18-2009 3:00 AM In reply to

Hi I'm not sure I have cracked MOTS and I am not seeing what others seem to be seeing on their BS5 display. So, I am in artists (sting) and a track is playing I would like MOTS on BS5. I press Go for 3 seconds and I see Add to Queue appear on the right of the screen as soon as I release GO all returns to previous screen. I think others in this thread have said i should see something other than add to queue. I have about 2,000 tracks on the BM5 which have been there for a number of weeks. Am I doing this correctly?

Thanks

Gary

• 09-18-2009 4:52 AM In reply to

Gary

All you need is to select a track as a seed to MOTS, when you press for 3 sec then you are building your own playlist and that is ok and MOTS will engage as soon as your playlist has ended.

You can not disable MOTS, it is allways engaged, and you can see by selecting playlist what the next tracks are MOTS have found.

• 09-18-2009 5:04 AM In reply to

Hi everyone,

I am the proud owner of a BS5 and I am also facing the problems described above - plus some additional problems:

1. Some of my songs allows MOTS to start - and some does not
    2. Pressing GO for 3 seconds puts the song in the queue, but when done playing, nothing happens.
    3. I have around 6000-7000 songs in iTunes (most of them in m4a-format) and all have been drag-and-dropped to the BM5. BS5 can find the songs and also able to play them.
    4. Album covers are not always showed eventhough they are present in iTunes.
    5. The BM5 is very noisy - the harddrive seems to be spinning all the time.

I have had B&O out checking the entire system and they claim everything is ok, but cannot explain why MOTS is working on some songs and not on others. I must admit that for those I have imported using BeoPlayer, MOTS works without problems. But MOTS also works for some of my iTunes imported songs - and I cannot really find any explanation for this.

So:

1. If anyone can tell me how to move my iTunes songs into BM5 without having to re-rip my entire cd-collection I will be more than greatful!!
    2. Does the BM5 have to be that noisy - quiet songs are actually ruined by the background noise. I think I read somewhere else in this great forum that MOTS may be analysing the disk/songs which can take a while. My songs have been on the BM5 for more than a week by now.

Appreciate all the help I can get.

Best wishes,

Kim

• 09-18-2009 1:22 PM In reply to

Kim,

Regarding your point 4. make sure the covers are embedded in the music file and not just stored on your CPU in some directory. Note that iTunes does not embed the covers, but just stores them on your CPU, unlike BeoPlayer, which embeds them in the music file.

Regards,

Guy

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)