in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-08-2009 5:15 PM by rigsby1208. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-15-2009 12:39 PM

Where is the best place to sell the following B&O equipment?

Hi

I have inherited from my grandmother the following..

LX6000 TV, on motorised B&O stand, includes remote control all in perfect conditon

CX100 speaker pair, including cables for connection to the TV

Remote control

I have decided the best bet is to sell them on to someone who appreciates them, but i have no idea where is the best place to do this.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated

• 08-15-2009 3:27 PM In reply to

Re: Where is the best place to sell the following B&O equipment?

rigsby1208:

I have decided the best bet is to sell them on to someone who appreciates them, but i have no idea where is the best place to do this.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated

Hi,

This is certainly the site for 'someone who appreciates them'.   There is a section for selling equipment and you would have both a  knowledgable and appreciative pool of potential purchasers.  However, you will have a much larger pool on an auction site such as ebay. 

CX100s are always popular especially if in good cosmetic condition and without the dreaded foam rot.  Resellers will ask anything up to 275 GBP for mint examples.  As a private seller you wouldn't get anywhere near that - closer to 150GBP if they really are mint and in the natural alluminium finish.

The LX6000 is arguably one of the finest CRT TVs B&O produced but that's the problem - the market for CRTs seems to have collapsed recently - even late model Avants.  Some LX 6000 finishes are rarer than others -  white is particularly rare.  If it is perfect and in shiny black finish or Rosewood I would be interested!   

Cleve

• 08-16-2009 11:52 AM In reply to

Don't get too excited. They are not worth that much!!

The CX100's will undoubtedly have foam rot unless your relative had them refoamed or had new drivers fitted. Unlikely, so probably worth £50 if they are spotless.

The TV is probably worth £35-£50 on ebay if it has a working remote.

Enthusiasts are a great bunch but generally don't want to pay much and those that are interested will be thin on the ground even on here.

You could try giving them away but that is not guaranteed to work!!

Ebay will generally get you a better price.

Regards Graham

• 09-08-2009 5:15 PM In reply to

Hi

Thanks for the advice, I have decided to go the ebay route and these are now listed.  Thanks for your help!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)