in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-26-2009 4:56 PM by PhilLondon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-26-2009 4:08 PM

Mac and gmail

Hi gang, (not B&O related)

It seems spam email has/is being sent from my gmail account to everyone in my contacts list. I use a macbook and believe you cant get a virus with a mac. Anyone got any advice how this could happen and how i can stop it?

Also if your on my contact list (thanks Steve, from Sounds Heavenly for bringing this to my attention) then dont open any emails from me. mrmossy@gmail.com

Cheers.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 08-26-2009 4:26 PM In reply to

Re: Mac and gmail

There are only 2 troyans known for mac. They only install if you do install them yourself. They were distributed on p0rn sites, and pretending to be video drivers you had to install to see the movies.

They change your DNS settings then display advert when browsing the new, but do not send emails like you say.

One thing you have to know is that anyone can send an email that seems to be sent from you, without being sent from your computer. Even without your account details, it can be a friend of yours who has an infected PC who is sending this emails that seem to be coming from you.

There is also the possibility that your Gmail account has been hacked as well. I'd simply recommend you change your gmail password and choose a complex one.

p.

• 08-26-2009 4:37 PM In reply to

Thanks Phil, well i am aware that you can only get a Trogan from downloading a programme, ive never installed any 'special' players.

I do get alot of spam which is 99% picked up by the gmail spam filter, but i may have opened something that slipped through the net.

Ive changed my password on my gmail account. How would i check the mac for Trogan?

Cheers

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 08-26-2009 4:56 PM In reply to

You shouldn't worry anymore, it does not come from you. 100%.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)