in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-17-2009 4:31 AM by Friedmett. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2009 1:32 PM

AV 9000 power on issues

Hi, glad I found this forum as it certainly looks like if members here cannot answer then I should not waste my time continuing searching for a fix. My problem is is with a rather old AV9000 which my daughter has in her room. Unfortunaley now it is refusing to turn on. Even though the standby light is on. when i use th remote (beo 4), which does apear to be functioning OK. If i repeatedly press the TV/VTape putton, I do get the standby light to turn green for a moment, but then returns to red.

I have tried to power down the TV and left it unplugged for 30mins, but that did not help.

Even stranger this happened a couple of weeks ago. Could not work it out and then returned a week later and it was working ok again. But sadly it has now stopped and does  not look like returning to its former working state. If anybody can offer some advice/guidance it would be gratefully appreciated.

• 08-16-2009 4:42 PM In reply to

Re: AV 9000 power on issues

If you are lucky, it will be some dry solder joints. If you are not used to mending TVs, take it to get it serviced - don't be tempted to give it a go as the voltages inside are lethal. Definitely worth fixing.

• 08-17-2009 4:31 AM In reply to

Re: AV 9000 power on issues

I got mine back from service as it was not working when I bought it.

Several things had been gone through and they did run some tests on it with great success.

So I got the monitor back. The bottom was ok. It was working great for about 5 days when it started to do the red/green standby light thing. It would shift to green and then quickly back to red. That was it.

The B&O shop got the monitor once more and went through it again. Dry solder joints must have been the fault that they might have overlooked as they did not charge me for the second time. I got the monitor back and its been working great since.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)