in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-16-2009 11:34 AM by joeyboygolf. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-15-2009 8:16 AM

Problem with beocenter 9500

Hello,

I have been given a beocenter 9500, which has never been used, and is still in it's original box, with instructions etc.

I plug it in, and it says CODE, I've read a bit round here, and found out about putting a code in via the handset, but this didn't work.

coming back to the forum, people mentioned looking for a pin to short, found this, shorted it, but still nothing.

After a while of saying code, this dissapears, and all the lights come on, but the tape & cd deck have opened, and will not close.

Any ideas, or do I need to take this into a dealer to get them to fix it, and if I do, any idea how much it will cost me?

thanks

Kevin

Filed under:
  • 08-15-2009 8:52 AM In reply to

Re: Problem with beocenter 9500

The on board Li battery is goosed and code is how the machine notifies you. There is a FAQ on this subject.

Once the battery has been replace then the numeric sequence must be entered and the unit will then work as normal.

I suggest that you take it to a service technician as some batteries that I have seen have been soldered in!

Cannot take more than an hour plus the cost of the battery!

Regards Graham

• 08-15-2009 5:10 PM In reply to

Ah,

I had a feeling it was something like this. Any idea where the battery is on a 9500, if it's a simple battery swap I could do this (if it's soldered in, then I'll take it in)

thanks

• 08-16-2009 11:34 AM In reply to

You need to open the unit up. BEWARE LOOSE GLASS...........AND WEAK BONNET STAY HINGE!!!

With the rear of the unit towards you, the battery is at the left hand end of the microprocessor board, outside the metal can on a sort of stick out finger.

Good Luck!

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)