in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-06-2009 8:42 AM by ipaul. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2008 12:08 PM

Avant T8320 (8300 series) picture width (Ham) setting

Because i have an Avant in for repair with a bit of a strange 'disease' i'd like to know if anyone can give me the value of the 'Ham' setting in the service/geometry menu, so i have an indication.
    The picture of this Avant is a few cms too small, which (according to the owner) happened after it 'dropped out' a few times.
    Now i could just simply re-adjust (since with me it doesn't turn off anymore) but i'd like to find what is/maybe wrong.
    So for this knowing the value of Ham in the service menu would be a good indication.

I'd need the value for 4:3 picture and for 16:9 picture format (depending on the Avant/software type these are different formats....)
    As long as it's a type 8320 (or 8300)...

Thanks in advance,
    Paul.
  • 08-05-2009 3:44 PM In reply to

Re: Avant T8320 (8300 series) picture width (Ham) setting

The picture of my Avant is also little too small, but no

geometry setting or anything in the service menu made it move

to the black outside - areas. What could it be??

• 08-06-2009 8:42 AM In reply to

Re: Avant T8320 (8300 series) picture width (Ham) setting

With mine it had a faulty FET caused apparently by a lauzy capacitor (0,22uF if i recall correctly) which, once in a while caused the tv to ''trip'' and destory the FET (so it's aal solved now...well....long time ago).

But with your's even changing the Ham parameter doesn't have any effect (or just not enough ?).

If changing the parameters works (but not enough) than the problem is something like a faulty Fet/C in the deflection circuit.

If changing the parameters doesn't have any effect maybe it's in the (signals to) E/W part.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)