in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-05-2009 3:02 AM by joeyboygolf. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2009 6:33 PM

Hard Drive for Beosound 3200

I've just purchased a two year old 3200 and the seller advises that it will require a hard drive updgrade as it's pin protected.

Is this an easy fix by a B & O dealer to upgrade/replace the hard drive, or would the pin be able to be reset?

• 08-01-2009 6:45 PM In reply to

Re: Hard Drive for Beosound 3200

IF the seller does not have the pincode... then there's something fishy. Swapping the harddrive will not solve the problem as the pin is not stored onto the harddrive. Contact your B&O dealer as he can check if the BS3200 was reported stolen.

Afterwards if everything checkes out OK B&O will supply you with a pin to unlock the system.

Karel

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 08-01-2009 6:56 PM In reply to

I hope you have an invoice... otherwise i doubt b&o will give you a pin code. I hope you did not pay too much as you may have bought a very decorative doorstop.
  • 08-02-2009 9:22 AM In reply to

To clarify, B&O will only supply a Mastercode to the original owner.  Just tosh about swapping the hard drive,  I think you have been conned to be fair.

• 08-04-2009 7:33 PM In reply to

Hi Phil

Well, thankfully, it's all good and he did provide the pin and I have the unit, for AU$1500................

I think what he may have been referring to could be that the storage to the hard drive function could be faulty as when I attempt to copy I get "Loading" on the display and it doesn't appear to go anywhere from there.  Does this mean that the hard disk requires replacement? 

It pays CD's and radio fine............

Having paid such a low price, I was prepared to have to spend some money to get it functioning fully ie to replace/upgrade the hard drive.

I also have some 1990's Beovox speakers (Beovox RL 60.2 Passive Loudspeakers) that were with my Beocenter 8000. 

With new leads, will these be compatible with the 3200?

Thanks for taking the time to answer!! 

• 08-04-2009 7:51 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Trishboug:

I also have some 1990's Beovox speakers (Beovox RL 60.2 Passive Loudspeakers) that were with my Beocenter 8000. 

With new leads, will these be compatible with the 3200?

Thanks for taking the time to answer!! 

No i'm afraid, not until you source something like one of these which you connect to the masterlink socket of your 3200, then connect the speakers to the converter, easy!

Hopefully you don't have to spend too much on fixing your hard drive, personally i wouldn't use that function (it doesn't encode the music at a very high rate), you're better off finding a beoport and linking all your music files on your computer to your 3200 system (possibly a cheaper soloution to fixing the drive).

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-04-2009 10:56 PM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

I personally really enjoy the hard drive feature on my BS3200 - horses for courses I suppose.

For me, I find not having to boot up, or continuously leave switched on, a PC or Mac each time I want access to music files is very handy. Not to mention the fact you don't need any peripheral equipment.

Yes.....it has it's limitations. Sound quality (which is not that bad provided you're not running through something like BL5's or BL9's), storage limit (max 400CDs approx) and navigation through your files are the obvious.

But if you're like me and you don't have a huge music collection (about 200 CD's) and you aren't obsessed with categorising your music into playlists, then the BS3200 should give you a great deal of pleasure. And if you're worried about sound quality you can of course always pop on the original CD through the sliding glass doors. Always a treat!

Hope you enjoy your new purchase!

Cheers,

Matt

• 08-05-2009 3:02 AM In reply to

Quite correct about the ML/MCL converter (a MCL2P or a Beolink Passive will also do the job) but better to connect with a fully wired powerlink cable or you will need to use a Beolink Eye as well.

Personally, I can't think of anything worse than Beoport and associated computer. What a load of hassle, just to listen to some music. Soon you will be suggesting a Beosound 5!!!!!!

Get the Beosound 3200 fixed and you will be delighted with it.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)