in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-26-2009 2:02 PM by Medogsfat. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2009 6:00 AM

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Strangest thing you have found inside a B&O

I've been meaning to post this for ages and kept forgetting. Bought a Beosystem 6500 a while back and when I opened the Beocord it was filled with Gecko (Small lizard) eggs!!! They all had hatched ages ago I presume. The Bm, Bg cd and Bg all had the same eggs in them. Was wierd and a bit gross. System works perfectly though! See pic below

Durban South Africa

• 08-25-2009 6:39 AM In reply to

Re: Strangest thing you have found inside a B&O

There you have it. A Gecko proof hifi system! Cool Never found anything similar in my equipment...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 08-25-2009 6:56 AM In reply to

Had a mouse in my BeoCord 5000 a few years ago , had to rewire about 20 connections , it also had the belts for desert .

Unsure

Richard

• 08-25-2009 6:57 AM In reply to

I once found an abandoned wasps nest in a (non-B&O) valve radio.

Simon

• 08-25-2009 12:39 PM In reply to

I wonder what Dillen has got to say with the amount of B&O he has had in his hands.

The worst for me? A very sticky belt in a Beocord 8000.

• 08-25-2009 1:08 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I once removed the speaker cover of a BeoVision 5 to clean the fans and found 3 DVD's, 4 CD's, 2 Credit Cards and a £20 Homebase Voucher.  It appears their small children had found a 'post box' inbetween the bottom of the plasma screen and the fret. 

Can't remember what i spent the voucher on, but my kids were delighted with the DVD's! 

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-25-2009 1:25 PM In reply to

• AdamAnt316
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Massachusetts, USA
    • Posts 68
    • Bronze Member

The only thing I've found in any of my Beograms wasn't weird, but it did have an effect on operation. The foreign object was the stylus cover for the previous cartridge that'd been installed in my Beogram 8000 (presumably the original MMC20CL; the installed MMC20E's stylus guard was in the spare cartridge well), and it'd managed to get lodged underneath the track for the arm carriage, causing the works to get badly jammed up when I tried to cue up a 7" 45. Through some careful nudging of the mechanism, I managed to get the carriage to clear the blockage and return to it's rest, upon which I discovered the cause. Once I removed it, the arm began tracking perfectly. 'Course, there could still be the remains of the original tracking weight adjustment slider hidden somewhere within the chassis, but it has yet to show itself.

-Adam

3000 | RX 2 | RX | TX 2 | 8000 | 1800

Is there such a thing as too many Beograms?

• 08-25-2009 1:33 PM In reply to

I *once* found the envelope with the schematic that's supposed to have been placed there at the factory! i was absolutely flabbergasted! Laughing

-mika

• 08-25-2009 1:43 PM In reply to

tournedos:
    I *once* found the envelope with the schematic that's supposed to have been placed there at the factory! i was absolutely flabbergasted! Laughing

Me too, I found also little brown envelope on the back of my Beomaster 901 Smile

It was so romantic that I didn't open that envelope Smile

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 08-26-2009 3:06 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

9 LEE:

I once removed the speaker cover of a BeoVision 5 to clean the fans and found 3 DVD's, 4 CD's, 2 Credit Cards and a £20 Homebase Voucher.  It appears their small children had found a 'post box' inbetween the bottom of the plasma screen and the fret. 

Can't remember what i spent the voucher on, but my kids were delighted with the DVD's! 

Lee

Smile

If you'd only found the credit cards Lee, I'd have been suspicious. A useful hiding place in case of a house search by the police!

• 08-26-2009 4:05 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

9 LEE:

... and your wife had a nice shopping experience with the credit cards, right?

Big Smile

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 08-26-2009 5:26 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Laughing

kallasr:

9 LEE:

... and your wife had a nice shopping experience with the credit cards, right?

Big Smile

Ralf

ahhhhh that where they are LaughingLaughing

• 08-26-2009 5:54 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

every one who has bought a second life BV5 should check behind that grille! lol You never know what someone could have stashed there and forgotten about!

Only thing i have to report was when i took the piece of aluminium from the front of my BV3 there was a family of little spiders.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-26-2009 7:45 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

nmartin771:

tournedos:

Me too, I found also little brown envelope on the back of my Beomaster 901 Smile
    It was so romantic that I didn't open that envelope Smile

Aw Nikola!   I'm welling up with emotion on reading this!
    I do hope you dutifully put the envelope back in, so that people in the distant future may share the same emotions as you.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-26-2009 9:37 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

I once opened a speaker and found a 7" round black piece of plastic with a hole in the middle.

Is this a record?

Stick out tongue

• 08-26-2009 1:42 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

There's a story of B&O engineers in South Africa (I *think*) finding a snake inside a BeoVision 8800 or similar.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-26-2009 1:57 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

kokomo:

I once opened a speaker and found a 7" round black piece of plastic with a hole in the middle.

Is this a record?

Stick out tongue

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-26-2009 2:02 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I can't compete with the gecko eggs - that's just plain bizarreConfused

I bought a cheap non-working Beogram 6500. I found the problem easily enough though, a whole packet of kids Crayola crayons had been inserted via the gap at the back of the platter. easiest fix I've ever done was that one.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)