in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-07-2009 4:17 PM by Keith Saunders. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-07-2009 5:00 AM

• olistb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-07-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Properties of 3rd party software buttons

Hi All, 

I Have recently been re-programming a Beo5 with a set of 3rd party commands provided externally. I have been able to set up the device with  the new IR codes, however, when I attempt to change the color, text or any aspect of the a button, all the attached codes or macros are removed. On every button that I have programmed. 

I am simply wondering if this is a common problem or specific to my set up?

Many Thanks

• 08-07-2009 5:47 AM In reply to

Re: Properties of 3rd party software buttons

A very warm welcome to Beoworld.

Assuming you are using the latest version 3.0 of the Beo5 Configuration Tool, then unfortunately this is one of the outstanding software bugs and has nothing to do with your actual configuration.

The workaround is to create your colour and text requirements in the 3rd party XML file itself, therefore bypassing the need to make these changes using the Configuration Tool.

Regards Keith....

• 08-07-2009 6:10 AM In reply to

• olistb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-07-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Many thanks for the quick reply, 

Thanks for the workaround, I am actually using version 1.something at the moment, every thing  else works fine.  I will be trying a manual edit later, and will be posting the results. 

• 08-07-2009 12:19 PM In reply to

OK i have a question that seems like it should be simples. 

I have a device, and for that  device i have a 3rd party XML config file. I load this file into the remote and the beo5ct and make changes to the buttons i have loaded. The remote also  controls by TV and system.  I would now like to export the file I imported i now want to load the buttons onto a new device without having to re-edit the original  set of buttons from  the 3rd party  XML file.

is the order the buttons appear in controlled by the xml file, or is this the  handled by the serialised code when  it is put to the machine.

I hope this makes sense.

• 08-07-2009 4:17 PM In reply to

A very warm welcome to Beoworld

The order of the buttons is defined in the XML file.

The location and size are defined in the form as below:-

nPage="1" nX="0" nY="20" nWidth="213" nHeight="25" nRowFinal="1" nColumnFinal="0"
    nPage="1" nX="213" nY="20" nWidth="213" nHeight="25" nRowFinal="1" nColumnFinal="1"
    nPage="1" nX="426" nY="20" nWidth="213" nHeight="25" nRowFinal="1" nColumnFinal="2"

The above three lines would define the top line of page one

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)