in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-28-2009 4:42 AM by k984942. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-28-2009 4:42 AM

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

DacMagic....Possibilities

Hi All,

I recently went out and purchased a Cambridge Audio DacMagic to improve my iTunes music via an Airport Express. I have to report that the difference is amazing and I couldn't be happier with the improvement!

I'm now thinking this wonderful little box might be able to work its 'magic' on some of my other devices. To this end, what are your opinions on me running either my DVD1 (currently sound goes via digital co-ax into the back of my Avant), or my Virgin V+ box (I think it has some sort of digital out on that back - anyone in the know please confirm) through the DAC to improve the sound?

If I did do this, is there any way of having the DAC auto-switch to the source thats on at the time (be it Airport Express or DVD1/V+), rather than me having to go into the cupboard where its stored and pressing the source button on the front?

Furthermore, has anyone figured out a way of having the DAC come on automatically when needed? I've gotten used to being able to press a button on my Beo4/5 to activate my iTunes via the Airport Express. With the DAC in the chain I now need to physically turn it on from the button on the front - quite annoying!

I still have a few days to return this model if there is no way to have it auto-on and auto-switch to the correct source.

Your thoughts, as always, are appreciated!

32" RF VCR Avant, 2 x 28" VCR Avant, DVD1, Beocom 6000, Beo5, A9 Keyring!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)