in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-26-2009 11:52 AM by raveny. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2009 12:26 PM

Blu-Ray Player

Hello everybody,

this is my first post Big Smile

I am planning to buy a BeoVision 4 65" and I need a very good Blu-Ray player. Does anyone know if one of these players work with the Beo remotes?

-Sony BDP-S5000ES
    -Pioneer BDP-LX91
    -Denon DVD-3800BD

Thank you very much.

• 04-25-2009 5:20 PM In reply to

Re: Blu-Ray Player

They will be too new to be mentioned in the PUC tables at a guess but that does not mean they are not covered. It rather depends on which codes are used. The Beo5 will be able to work them directly once the rght codes are known - Keith can probably help here on the Beo5 forum. You need to find which other model remote control will operate them - i.e. - does an older Sony remote work the Sony BDP player and is it one covered by the PUC.

• 04-25-2009 5:23 PM In reply to

Hi,

I am currently using the Panasonic BD60 and highly recommend it. Works very well with the Panasonic BD55 in the PUC list. Hopefully it will have it's own entry in the PUC list soon. Additional benefit with the BD60 is that it can play back content from an SD or SDHC card from the slot in front. Pretty useful if you record HD footage from a camcorder onto that format or if you have a digital camera using it. Good luck.

Best regards,

wwoolard

• 04-25-2009 5:37 PM In reply to

This one is being beta-tested by consumers now, and should be hitting the market by this fall at the latest. A universal player - DVD/Blu-ray/SACD/CD, etc.

But it also converts SACD to PCM, which is quite nice for those who would like to rip their SACD-tracks, on single or hybrid SACDs.

I think it will be a perfect source for B&O's active speakers. And I believe the Oppo-codes are in the PUC-list?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/20/oppo-bdp-83-universal-blu-ray-player-hands-on/

http://www.engadgethd.com/2009/03/23/oppo-bdp-83-universal-blu-ray-player-first-impressions/

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83/

• 04-26-2009 3:23 AM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

I like it / want it !

• 04-26-2009 5:24 AM In reply to

If you have a good surround set-up, this Oppo-player will be perfect for playing the new multi-channel, high-resolution music BDs. (As those from 2L, for instance.) And it will make it possible to get SACD-resolution through to the speakers, as the internal sound processors handle both SACD and the high-def audio formats natively.

Personally, I can't wait - just what I've been hoping would come along.

• 04-26-2009 5:30 AM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

Would be nice if it could be retrofitted into my BV7-40 MK3, like B&O BluRay-player will be......  

(I keep on dreamingWink)

• 04-26-2009 5:34 AM In reply to

Think there are too many on-board processors - but you should be able to run an HDMI-cable, and the PUC-cable from the BV7 to where you're hiding it.

• 04-26-2009 5:57 AM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

Yes I know, my Apple TV (which I'm going to replace by a TViX 6500) is now linked that way. But it's hidden/placed in our hallway; for playing DVD's/BluRay not very convenient.....

• 04-26-2009 6:11 AM In reply to

What are the betatesters saying?

Does B&O support Oppo players?

BeoSystem 3 will get the new sound processors anyway...

• 07-25-2009 5:08 PM In reply to

Hi,

I got BV4 and the Pioneer player and the beo remotes are working perfectly.

But if the movie doesn't support 1080/24p I get red noise all over the picture. What could this be?

• 07-25-2009 5:33 PM In reply to

raveny:

What are the betatesters saying?

Does B&O support Oppo players?

Even if it does not,I can thoroughly recommend the Oppo BDP-83 BD Player which operationally is a dream.

Although it is a Region A player,a hardware modification has been produced that will enable it to play both Region B BDs and SDDVDs.

The standard BDP-83 costs £514,and the MR'd version £593.

Apparently the official Region B player will have a lower specification than the BDP-83.

• 07-25-2009 6:34 PM In reply to

raveny:

I am considering buying a BS3 so I was wondering whether you know when these new sound processors will arive and can you elaborate a bit on what they will offer? Thanks.

• 07-26-2009 11:52 AM In reply to

MKII is already out but it needs a firmware update... I think it's the AST and the option to change the sourround settings to front as rear speakers

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)