in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-23-2009 1:24 PM by moxxey. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-22-2009 8:16 AM

Beovision 7 problem

Our 1 year old BV7 MKIII with software version 5.08 has developed a problem. Our B and O service tech is working to resolve it but I thought I would see if anybody here has experienced a similar problem. On occasions when the TV has been turned off for several hours, when turning it on there is no picture. Specifically pressing DVD will result in sound from whatever is in the internal player, but no picture, same with TV which is connected to cable. DTV turns the satellite box on but no picture and with that selection, no sound either. Going into the menu of the BV7 it is possible to see the menu but it is at about 20-30% normal brightness. Turning the TV off and back on a few times solves the problem.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 07-23-2009 11:11 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 7 problem

Hi there - yes I have the same problem from time to time. Its mostly on the link room TV which is a BV6-22. I find its most often related to the Sky HD box where I get sound, but no picture. I find the only solution is to reset everything with a cold boot. It used to be worse pre 5.08, now it only happens every 2-3 months. Its HDMI related. B&O have no got good controller software for the HDMI implementation. Most of all their BS3/BV7 problems have been HDMI related. The other problem that also still rears its head is the HDCP issue. But again, a good reboot clears this up. I am confident your engineer won't be able to help too much as the its a software related issue unfortunately. You just need to raise with your dealer and B&O UK. I found them very helpful. Forget BeoCare - they don't.

I know B&O have a relationship with Microsoft, but the similarity of quality and QA between the two is uncanny. All testing is done in the field.

I'm curious as to what got fixed in the 6.11 release. Its strange how they go from 5.08 direct to 6.11.

Best, Mark.

• 07-23-2009 1:23 PM In reply to

Thanks for the input!

We are in the USA. Also, the problem occurs with the internal DVD player as well as the internal TV tuner and occurs on the BV7 itself, not on a link TV. Would other components being connected by HDMI affect those functions?

Whatever the cause, it is getting more frequent and requiring the TV to be turned off and on up to 8 times before a picture comes on.

Technician has ordered parts  from B and O and will be making a service call. 

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 07-23-2009 1:24 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

mawheele:

I'm curious as to what got fixed in the 6.11 release. Its strange how they go from 5.08 direct to 6.11.

Best, Mark.

They didn't Mark. My BV7-40 MKIV (first revision) had 6.05 and the latest (installed last week) has something like 6.08, if I can remember. Most sw builds are internal and it can take a few revisions before they bother making sw available to their engineers.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)