in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-24-2009 4:40 AM by dapatter. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-23-2009 5:54 PM

beovision 7-40 wont turn on but has power

hi i just moved house and replugged my beovision 7-40 tv in, it has power, the red light is on...but i cant turn it on.......wont even come on to the pin unlock screen....any ideas?

• 07-23-2009 6:21 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: beovision 7-40 wont turn on but has power

Okay.. firstly - calm down, don't panic. Big Smile

Did you let the unit adjust to room temperature?  Be patient, give the TV time to settle..  it actually has a temperature sensor in there somewhere and bringing it out of a warm lounge, into a cold van, into the outdoors, then into a warm lounge can make it throw a 'hissy fit'

Turn it off at the mains, give it a few hours, then try again.  You may be pleasantly surprised..

Welcome to BeoWorld by the way Yes -  thumbs up

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-23-2009 6:24 PM In reply to

hi yes, the tv has been sitting in my flat for the past 2 days waiting for me to remount it...so i dont think it is a temperature thing.....

• 07-23-2009 6:27 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Okay - that's one thing eliminated.. i'm not going to give up on you yet!

Now try turning it off at the wall, leaving it a minute, then turning on again.  When you try to turn it on, press the 'TV' button on the Beo4 (don't ask me why - it seems to have a higher success rate! LOL)

If nothing's happening after you've done the above a few times - try the DVD loader.. does it eject?

Lee

• 07-23-2009 6:30 PM In reply to

hi did this already, yes the dvd loader works...however the stand doesnt appear to work...press the list button to stand and nothing......if that helps....still wont power on

• 07-23-2009 6:37 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

You didn't plug the stand in whilst the TV was powered up did you?  That can cause the motor control module to frazzle..

Turn the TV off at the wall, wait, unplug the stand, turn the TV on, wait, then turn the TV off at the wall, wait, plug the stand in and turn the TV on. Try that.

Check the batteries in your Beo4 too - sounds silly but worth a try.

After that, i'd just leave the TV on standby overnight and try it again n the morning...

Lee

• 07-23-2009 6:43 PM In reply to

no not as far as i am aware...should the stand just plug in and start working?

i have done all your steps, still no joy...guess i will have to leave over night and then call b&o

• 07-24-2009 2:22 AM In reply to

Hi

Do you have your tv masterlinked? Masterlink is the factor that causes most problems, at least that is my experience. If tou have it masterlinked, try taking the power at the mains from all your masterlinked products, or remowe the Masterlink cable from your mainroom tv.

I have experienced exactly the same as you, and this solution solved the problem!

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 07-24-2009 3:01 AM In reply to

hi thankx for this, no masterlink involved....i think it is weird that the stand isnt working though....it is just one cable to the back of the tv right? no additional power cable or anything?

• 07-24-2009 4:26 AM In reply to

dapatter:

hi thankx for this, no masterlink involved....i think it is weird that the stand isnt working though....it is just one cable to the back of the tv right? no additional power cable or anything?

Thats correct, the stand does not need external power. But the stand not working is not that weird if the tv does not work like it is supposed to. The stand is powered and controled entirely by the tv.

What is connected to your tv?, external boxes etc.? What version of 7-40 do you have?

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 07-24-2009 4:40 AM In reply to

Mark II nothing else except setop box o

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)