in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-02-2009 2:46 PM by Gary Ogden. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2009 4:07 AM

Adding tags to music files

Hi, some of you may have read an earlier post when I wrote that when transferring a couple of CD's/tracks to my BM/BS5 they were not visible on the BS5 under the relevant artist/album section but I could find them if transferred to a 'favourites'. Well those nice guys at B&O have responded saying that I would probably find all the tracks under 'unknown' artist because they probably did not have the tags/album artwork etc. Hey presto they are correct, all my missing tracks are sitting under 'unknown' artist. So can anyone help me with how I add the relevant tags? I don't want the lovely Annie Lennox hiding away as unknown!!

I am using a Mac and iTunes and don't have Beoplayer. This means I have little additional functionality beyong  Beoconnect.

Thanks a lot

Gary

• 10-02-2009 5:09 AM In reply to

Re: Adding tags to music files

If you right click on her in iTunes you should be able to select "Get Info" then from the panel select the second tab "Info" and there you will find the meta-data tags that iTiunes uses ...

It is worth checking what is there already ... before attempting to edit the fields 

Once you have updated it in iTunes ... someone else will have to advise you on how to get them into the BM5 ... and remove her from "Unknown" 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-02-2009 2:46 PM In reply to

Re: Adding tags to music files

Thanks Elephant - very helpful, have found meta data and just need to work out how to add it to BM5.

Happy days

G

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)