in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-06-2010 6:18 AM by andrewl. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2010 2:27 PM

I don't know if this is the right place - but a courier question....

Hi I'm selling a couple of things on eBay and stipulated collection only. A potential bidder wants to know if I'd courier the goods to him. So.... I rang APC - no good. Businesses only. Tried City Link. Minimum weekly charge of £50. Effectively business only.

Can anyone recommend a good (cheap!!!) courier?

Many thanks,

Andrew

• 03-01-2010 3:37 PM In reply to

Re: I don't know if this is the right place - but a courier question....

andrewl:

Hi I'm selling a couple of things on eBay and stipulated collection only. A potential bidder wants to know if I'd courier the goods to him. So.... I rang APC - no good. Businesses only. Tried City Link. Minimum weekly charge of £50. Effectively business only.

Many thanks,

Andrew

I used World-Wide Parcel Services to send a Beomaster to Martin (Dillen) in Denmark. I used the DPD courier option on their website. They were relatively cheap, provided a tracking service, and the BM arrived with Martin in only two days. I think they do UK-UK deliveries too. I also think that they have a service (possibly expensive) where you can pay to have something picked-up and couriered to you (so you could suggest that to your bidder and leave him with the risk....... but beware.... there may still be a PayPal refund claim risk if it does get damaged in transit.

Having said all that there is a real risk with any parcel service/ courier: when my BM came back (with Parcelforce providing the UK final return delivery service) the delivery man happily plonked the BM on end at our front door, so you need to take great care with plenty of layers of bubble wrap etc that can't shift in the box. If in doubt (depending upon what you are selling) stick with your local pick-up!

(I would avoid City Link. We had something delivered that clearly was not intended for us: City Link were very unhelpful when I tried to ascertain the sender or correct intended recipient.)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 03-01-2010 5:37 PM In reply to

andrewl:

Many thanks, 

Andrew

www.interparcel.com

www.parcel2go.com

Are just two that I use on a regular basis. They are both agent sites and they use all the reputable courier companies.

Regards Graham

• 03-02-2010 4:03 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Yes I use parcel2go without any issues so far..

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 03-02-2010 2:16 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I use interparcel & they have never let me down.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 03-02-2010 7:41 PM In reply to

Alternatively you could ask the prospoective buyer to arrange a courier and charge him just for packaging the item  securely.

I bought a pair of CX100's this way, I arranged the delivery to me via Interparcel and the seller packed them and we agreed a slot for collection when he would be around anyway.

Simon

• 03-03-2010 3:32 PM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

I use interparcel & they have never let me down.

Chris.

Ditto!

Cheers

Nigel

• 03-06-2010 6:18 AM In reply to

Many thanks for the replies - greatly appreciated!  Andrew.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)