in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-20-2009 9:09 AM by ajames. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2009 6:54 PM

Mini STB for mx4002

Hi gang,

Easyish question.... With the UK digital switch over fast approaching im looking for recommendations on which Mini Digital STB to get for my kitchen MX4002?
     OK, i have sky+ and can use this on the MX through its masterlink. I dont want sky multiroom but i do want to be able to watch the news in the kitchen while the kids or misses are watching thier programmes in the living room.
     I know there are many many boxes to choose from, but im looking for something small and discreet that can hopefully be hid behind the TV without disrupting the motor wall bracket. I dont want to pay any subcriptions and only require the normal channels (obviously the more channels the better).

Any recommendations?

Cheers

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 07-17-2009 4:30 AM In reply to

Re: Mini STB for mx4002

The Panasonic TUCT20 & 30 were small boxes recommended by B&O as they were in the STB controller list for the Avant. Not sure about current availability, and they were relatively expensive. Ours has been OK but there is often a problem on particular channels (usually Channel 4 and related) where the lip synch goes noticeably out. However, it's quickly corrected by changing to another channel for a second and then changing back. The boxes are very small and light and you could probably fix one to the back of a TV with long cable ties rather than using a B&O bracket. Having said all that, if you are not worried about using a STB controller there are probably plenty of newer small/ cheap boxes now coming onto the market (but without the STB controller link the box obviously needs to have its controls visible to its own remote.)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 07-17-2009 5:23 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

why not use a mini sky box as log as you have a card in the box it works like a fewwview box and you already know where the channel numbers are.

i have seen some pretty small sky boxes.

edit: if you dotn have a card that is not used for a subscription i think you can buy a freeview card from sky for like £10

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-20-2009 9:09 AM In reply to

I understand that Argos sell a BUSH STBC that plugs directly into the scart socket and sits at the back of the TV - I saw something similar in ALDI - you can find it on this site http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeviewboxes.html

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)