in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-07-2009 5:45 PM by nmartin771. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-05-2009 5:52 PM

Can I connect an Apple TV to my BV5?

Question asked really, I would like to connect an Apple TV to my BV5, the Apple TV has component out, I can't recall seeing this at the back of my BV5...?

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 07-05-2009 6:06 PM In reply to

Re: Can I connect an Apple TV to my BV5?

Hi Andreas,

As I remember well, you can connect aTV to SCART on your BV5 but you need SCART with component in ...

Hope you enjoing your new toy Smile

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 07-05-2009 6:07 PM In reply to

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 07-05-2009 6:08 PM In reply to

Or this one.

And you can use it  V-Tape

• 07-05-2009 6:13 PM In reply to

Thanks for your help Nikola!

I'm so "out" on TV sets these days that I didn't know you could connect component to scart! Laughing

I just watched  "Pink Panther 2", and I absolutely love the BV5. Can't praise it enough. 

Tomorrow I'll get my BEO5 remote, that's a remote I've been dreaming of since I first saw it, but without a complete Beo system I didn't see the need for it. 

Waiting for more controls from the Beo5 programming service.

I'm like a kid at christmas eve! Big Smile

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 07-05-2009 6:18 PM In reply to

I understand you ! Big Smile

And feeling is just great !

I'm in the phase of creating my first B&O vintage system Smile

For now I have BeoMaster 901, like new - teak finish ...

Tomorrow I'm going to see one really nice BeoGram 1202 Smile

I was so exited that I wanted to drive 160 km tonight, just to see beogram from seller ... But he came home late [:'(]

I connected my iPod same way like you ... composite to Scart to my BC1 Smile

• 07-05-2009 6:22 PM In reply to

Sounds great, one day when I have more time and space, I'll invest in a vintage system too. Man are they good-looking! Yes -  thumbs up

-Andreas

• 07-05-2009 6:28 PM In reply to

Beogram 1202 is the most beautiful record player in the world !!!

It is absolutely amassing ...

Svetlana doesn't know yet that new speakers are coming as well Big Smile

• 07-06-2009 5:38 AM In reply to

bayerische:

I'm so "out" on TV sets these days that I didn't know you could connect component to scart! Laughing

Not so fast! Connectors are only part of the problem. The TV set needs to have specific support for component over SCART for it to work. I took a quick look through the BV5 service manual, and it seems it doesn't have that - only RGB (and composite and S-video, depending on the socket). US models probably have component connections, but not the ones we have here.

In fact, the entire Apple TV concept seems very much US-centric - can you even get any online content for it over here?

-mika

• 07-06-2009 5:56 AM In reply to

tournedos:

bayerische:

Not so fast! Connectors are only part of the problem. The TV set needs to have specific support for component over SCART for it to work.

I don't think so, coos mine is working well. I bought already made scart to component and it working ....

This kind of cables are cheep and you can try ...

• 07-06-2009 2:33 PM In reply to

nmartin771:

Beogram 1202 is the most beautiful record player in the world !!!

Getting a bit off topic here but I agree. My identical in appearance 1203 has been admired for many years. 

Assuming your electricity supply frequency is 50 hz you will be able to set the speed precisely using the strobe markings. Good luck with your viewing and purchase!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 07-07-2009 3:46 AM In reply to

nmartin771:

I don't think so, coos mine is working well. I bought already made scart to component and it working ....

This kind of cables are cheep and you can try ...

You are probably talking about RGB - most any TV with a SCART connector will support it. But component (or YUV or YCrCb) is a different thing which is mostly used in the countries that don't have SCART connectors. And incidentally, seems to be the only type of analogue output that the Apple TV has.

-mika

• 07-07-2009 3:59 AM In reply to

tournedos:

bayerische:

Not so fast! Connectors are only part of the problem. The TV set needs to have specific support for component over SCART for it to work. I took a quick look through the BV5 service manual, and it seems it doesn't have that - only RGB (and composite and S-video, depending on the socket). US models probably have component connections, but not the ones we have here.

In fact, the entire Apple TV concept seems very much US-centric - can you even get any online content for it over here?

Can anyone confirm this?

No one here to use an Apple TV with their BV5? 

-Andreas

• 07-07-2009 7:42 AM In reply to

Mika, at Biltema I found an adapter with Scart and RGB (component)

Could you have a look please:

http://www.biltema.fi/osteri/osteri.cgi?tuote=84677&sivu=84677.htm&ryhma=1&kategoria=299

-Andreas

• 07-07-2009 8:14 AM In reply to

bayerische:

Mika, at Biltema I found an adapter with Scart and RGB (component)

Could you have a look please:

http://www.biltema.fi/osteri/osteri.cgi?tuote=84677&sivu=84677.htm&ryhma=1&kategoria=299

That's the right kind of an adapter - actually it is meant to be used the other way (from the SCART to the RCAs), but it doesn't matter since there are only one set of RGB (and component) pins in the SCART. But as I said, the BV5 should also support component video for the end result to work. Hope somebody can confirm it either way, but my money is still on the "does not work" choice Unsure

Another problem is that you could not connect audio to the same SCART, but you may have some other way to solve that in your setup.

-mika

• 07-07-2009 11:58 AM In reply to

Yes Mika, I think you are right. I will need a HDMI -> Scart adapter/transformer... I think this will be one expensive Apple TV. Laughing

The sound will be drawn from the optical digital out to BV5's digital coaxial inputs.

-Andreas

• 07-07-2009 12:14 PM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Sorry to ask a daft question. Is your BV5 one of the later HD models?

• 07-07-2009 12:22 PM In reply to

StUrrock:

Sorry to ask a daft question. Is your BV5 one of the later HD models?

Unfortunately not... It's an early version.

-Andreas

• 07-07-2009 4:42 PM In reply to

I think i would solve my connection problem by getting a Mac mini, wouldn't I?

The XML file I got from the "Beo5 programming service" controls my macbook pro perfectly in front row, so I'm guessing I could just as well be using a mac mini in front row mode.

-Andreas

• 07-07-2009 5:45 PM In reply to

I think this is better solution !

With apple airport express you can then connect PB and mini ... so everything will be working together ...

But I still think you can find cable scart - composite for BV5 if you go with Apple tv ...

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)