in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-21-2007 5:03 AM by gk31ax. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2007 3:32 AM

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

MacBook Pro case

I have been on the lookout for a new laptop for ages, but can't seem to decide.
    I've been looking on the IBM X60, (as I love my current IBM and it has the trackpoit mouse and docking possibility), but also on the MacBook Pro, and now that the MacBook, is faster, better, and yet cheaper than before, it is hard to resist, so I'm going to be looking at one later today.

My question is, do you have any suggestions regarding a case for transportation?? The IBM case I have is amazing, as I could throw it out the window and my laptop would be unharmed, (well you know what I mean), but it is to small for the MacBook, so I need a new one, and it also have to have small pockets for cords, power supply etc.

If I end up buying one, I'll probably be posting a million question. I would still need to run Windows because of my school programs I think.

• 06-08-2007 8:38 AM In reply to

• van
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2006
    • Brighton, UK
    • Posts 663
    • Gold Member

Re: MacBook Pro case

I use Crumpler bags who are fun and functional...

http://www.crumpler.com.au/Cart/index.php?catId=5 

• 06-08-2007 9:13 AM In reply to

I just use a padded sleeve and then I have it in my normal bag .......... never say a notebook bag that looked really great and having a sleeve leaves you open to everything.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-08-2007 1:06 PM In reply to

jk1002:
    I just use a padded sleeve and then I have it in my normal bag .......... never say a notebook bag that looked really great and having a sleeve leaves you open to everything.

I too have a padded sleeve for my Powerbook G4.
    And a Samsonite Xpa-Laptop Backpack 56N*320

http://www.samsonite.com/gb/en/local_product_display.jsp;jsessionid=EWMTPSAHUTODKD22OBUALPQ?product=56N*320
  • 06-10-2007 6:11 PM In reply to

I have the old G4 Powerbook 12" & have always used a 'second skin' neoprene zip-up sleeve. I usually put it in a carrier bag when taking it to work or on a train or 'bus: there is room for a book, newspaper & CDs, and the power supply; but, crucially, it doesn't say 'nice expensive lap-top' to the thieves I mingle with in this area (South-East London). I could use a ruck-sack ("back-pack'), too. The neoprene sleeves sem to give excellent protection from physical shock, but many of us ned to consider protection from theft, too. Adam K.
  • 06-11-2007 5:12 AM In reply to

Take a look at Tucano ( http://www.tucano.it/ ), they have some really good looking cases, bags and sleeves. I have a Horizontal Limit for PowerBook G4 and i love it. it's one of a few cases that look clean and stylish. 

Just reminded, there is also Knomo ( https://www.knomobags.com/eshop/knomo_home.asp ), which is a more premium brand and also has some great bags.
  • 06-11-2007 2:19 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Thanks for all the answers. I have been looking at the Knomo bags, as I find these extremely nice, and they look pretty shock-safe too.

I'm thinking about these two:

Knomo Frinton Black

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/dkstore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=6C04E07A&nplm=TJ010

Knomo Baringo Black 

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/dkstore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=6C04E134&nplm=TJ013

I like the Frinton best, but as I have begun cycling to and from school, I don't think it would be very comfortable, just as I don't use my IBM back when cycling, so I've been looking at the Baringo online, but unfortunatly the dealer I've visited didn't have this one.

• 06-13-2007 2:19 AM In reply to

Hi Toubro,

take the first one, the second one looks really outdated (think my grandpa had a bag looking like this).

If you think of a second skin bag, have a look at freitag.ch These bags are made of used truck tarpaulins - look very different and stylish. I have a sleeve in yellow. Only drawback: they smell a little at the beginning, but after some weeks it's ok.

Marcus

• 06-13-2007 4:11 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

marcus_m:

take the first one, the second one looks really outdated (think my grandpa had a bag looking like this).

LaughingLaughing Nice comparison.

It is the first one that I like the most too, the reason for the other is that I can have this on my back.

But I think I've decided to wait a bit as these bags are pretty expensive, and the MacBook Pro can fit in my IBM bag to begin with.
    Now I just need to order the MacBook, but I'll wait till my exams are over, so I don't end up playing with the computer instead of reading for the exams :o)

I'm not very fond of the sleeves/second skins, as these don't protect against hits and drops.

• 06-21-2007 5:03 AM In reply to

I'm probably as much a Tumi pervert as I am a B&O pervert, so go to www.tumi.com and you'll find yourself something nice.  Great design and unrivalled build quality in my opinion.  I have over 10 tumi bags of all shapes and sizes and love them all....
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)