in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-27-2009 12:16 PM by aabbs. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-09-2009 1:49 PM

• aabbs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-16-2008
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

HP Windows Media Cnetre controlled by Beo5

Hi All

So I've downloaded the HP Windows Media Centre XML install loaded to the beo 5 etc (all good and thanks to whoever did the work)

However I've noticed that the the second time I press any button it does not work (i.e up then up again)  first up works second does not

I press any other key (say left or right) and then the up will work again. Bit strange any one have an Idea?

Thanks

Ps when I'm finished I'll create logo's that look like the original remote symbols and upload for those that are interested (as soon as I get it all working that is

Thanks

Adrian

• 06-09-2009 4:35 PM In reply to

Re: HP Windows Media Cnetre controlled by Beo5

Adrian,

The HP Windows Media Centre uses Philips RC6 protocol and the XML you downloaded from the Beo5 Information and Resource pages was made with the XML Generator which only creates output in RAW form.

RAW is effectively an image copy of the orginal which works fine for most situations except where you want a repeat key or similar.

The RC6 protocol uses a "Toggle" bit at the end of the header which inverts each time you press the same key or leave your finger on a key because you are sending an image copy, this toggle bit never inverts until you press another command. That's why you have the problem.

To overcome this problem the commands would need to be converted to "Bitstream" instead of RAW.

Regards Keith....

• 06-11-2009 9:16 AM In reply to

• aabbs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-16-2008
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

SmileCheers keith you are the star they say you are

So the obvious question is how do I convert (will investigate over the weekend unless you have an instant fix)

Thanks again

Adrian

• 06-19-2009 1:33 PM In reply to

• aabbs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-16-2008
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

Feeling very thick here but can't see a way to do this convertion from raw to bit stream for rc6. Can the Beo5 actully support this?

• 06-19-2009 1:57 PM In reply to

Please do not consider yourself "thick" its actually a very complex subject and one I plan to write an overview on when I get time.

Bitstream is not a protocol, it is a bit representation on a timeslice basis for both the PULSE and the SPACE which makes up the PERIOD of one binary bit. The timeslice is the smallest time of any pulse or space.

What makes RC5 and RC6 protocols unique and more complex is they use what is called "Bi Phase Coding" which in practical terms means a rising edge within a time slice window is equal to a binary "1" and a falling edge represents a binary "0"

You ask, can the Beo5 actually support this ? the answer is YES

The best way forward is with an example, over the next couple of days I will convert a couple of commands and post them.

Regards Keith....

• 06-27-2009 12:16 PM In reply to

• aabbs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-16-2008
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

thanks keith  I'll look forward to that.

Assuming I can work out what was done I'll also commit to converting some others

Cheers

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)