in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-29-2009 10:44 AM by stefan. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-28-2009 1:41 AM

See two different movies in different link rooms via Mac mini front Row.

Hi 

Can this be done ? 

I have a BV8 40" as a master, with a mac mini connected. In one link room I have BV6, and in the other I have BV1. Can I activate the front row from the link rooms ? and can I see different movies from front row in each room at the same time ? 

Thanks 

Henrik

• 08-28-2009 5:30 AM In reply to

• francis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Münster, Germany
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Re: See two different movies in different link rooms via Mac mini front Row.

No, for two reasons

1) You would need to run two instances of frontrow, which is to the best of my knowledge not possible.

2) The Master Link System can not distribute more than one signal (from the same source) at the same time and to different receiving units

|BV 7-32|BL 7-1|Ouverture|BL Penta|BL 6000|BL 2000|Beocom 6000|Beotalk 1200|MX 4000|Beoport|Beo4|Beo5|A8|A9|

• 08-28-2009 6:20 AM In reply to

-Your mac mini only has one video output, so it cannot read 2 movies.

-and as Francis said, ML can only send 1 video source.

You'd need a Mac mini connected to the main TV and another mac mini or Apple TV connected in one of the link room.

• 08-28-2009 6:22 AM In reply to

I agree.

The cheapest solution would be to have a dedicated AppleTV in each of the rooms.

• 08-29-2009 10:44 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Oscarsystems:

Hi 

Can this be done ? 

I have a BV8 40" as a master, with a mac mini connected. In one link room I have BV6, and in the other I have BV1. Can I activate the front row from the link rooms ? and can I see different movies from front row in each room at the same time ? 

Thanks 

Henrik

It is possible to watch two different movies first one in the main room or linkroom and second streaming wireless on a mac book via VLC somewhere in the house or garden using a Tvix 6500. Maybe this is also possible with a mac mini...??

Hope this helps.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)