in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-17-2009 12:12 AM by XavierItzmann. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2009 5:45 AM

BeoPort BeoSound 4000?

I have a BeoSound 4000/ Overture and a Beolab 2000 hooked together via MasterLink.  I was hoping to connect this system to a new Mac Mini via BeoPort.  I would like to listen to some of my digital library.  Would such an arrangement be possible?  If so how would it be done???

THANX

Thanx also for your help in getting my Masterlink system up and running....

• 07-17-2009 12:12 AM In reply to

Re: BeoPort BeoSound 4000?

I seem to recall that information I have read on this is contradictory.

I have a BS 2300 now in storage that has MCL.  In theory (and in fact as per dealer), one could buy an MCL to ML and then hook up BeoPort.  In theory, the Beo4 commands would be conveyed from the BS 2300 to the BeoPort.

But I've read others who say it does not work.  I don't know.  I never tried, because in any case, I would have lost the Aux-In ability of my BS 2300.

So instead I got a BS 3000 which works wonders... except, alas!, iTunes 8.2 killed my access Beo4 access to playlists other than "Music" (all songs) and "DJ" (which can be used to access any one of all of your playlists) —if you use

1. your Mac, or

2. your iPhone or iPod Touch Remote (free from Apple), or

3. Screen Sharing from another Mac, or

4.  iTunes prior to 8.2,

then you can still manually choose any playlist directly.  Just not from your Beo4 or from the BS 3000 keypad.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)