in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-19-2009 3:46 AM by bayerische. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-17-2009 4:30 PM

is there a future for...........

the keyring A9,  now with the TV button and Light and even Audio do you think B&O will update this or drop it.........

I mean and I use mine, but if I were to looose it, to pay £90 for another, I would have to think twice. and prob still buy one.

Jon

• 06-17-2009 5:23 PM In reply to

Re: is there a future for...........

Still use mine daily to turn every thing off when I leave my appartment... :-) 

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 06-17-2009 5:34 PM In reply to

At least they have seen sense on the latest TVs and made the TV command usefull again.  At last with the 8-40 you can assign the digital tuner to "TV" and use DTV, and VMEM for set top boxes

• 06-17-2009 6:27 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

rednik:
    with the 8-40 you can assign the digital tuner to "TV" and use DTV, and VMEM for set top boxes

I know this might be redundant ( As I brought it up in another thread)  but are you saying that you've successfully switched the built-in Digital Tuner from DTV to TV on the 8-40?

-Michael

• 06-17-2009 10:37 PM In reply to

Sure!

In a sense, it's getting a new lease on life. TV can still turn on the source you have mapped to TV, Radio will soon be able to turn on N.RADIO, and LIGHT 1 is a grab bag for those with the ML Gateway! LIGHT 1 can now be a macro that turns on a whole house of Lutron lighting scenes and tunes your AV system to a pre-desired source.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-18-2009 2:20 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Trip, does that mean I have to buy a new Keyring or is it possible to switch N.Radio with the current A9?

Would be great if there where a opportunity to configure the A9 somehow like assigning my own sources. For Example:
    - N.Radio
    - Radio
    - Light
    - V.Aux

• 06-18-2009 2:08 PM In reply to

Michael:

rednik:
    with the 8-40 you can assign the digital tuner to "TV" and use DTV, and VMEM for set top boxes

I know this might be redundant ( As I brought it up in another thread)  but are you saying that you've successfully switched the built-in Digital Tuner from DTV to TV on the 8-40?

Yes.  You can disabe the analogue tuner from the normal menu, without messing about in service menus, and the TV button then fires up the digital tuner

• 06-18-2009 2:26 PM In reply to

sensotronic:

the keyring A9,  now with the TV button and Light and even Audio do you think B&O will update this or drop it.........

I mean and I use mine, but if I were to looose it, to pay £90 for another, I would have to think twice. and prob still buy one.

Jon

I agree with other comments about the fact that it is still useful and therefore I will definately be keeping mine in use, but I'm knocked out by the price you quoted £90 really, I'm sure there only about £70 last time I looked!

• 06-18-2009 3:08 PM In reply to

• TEL
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Berks U K
    • Posts 92
    • Founder

meandmyshadow:

but I'm knocked out by the price you quoted £90 really, I'm sure there only about £70 last time I looked!

Mine was even better than that, prize winner in monthly draw of Apr 09 Big Smile

I can't use TV option on the A9 as the Beovision 7-40 gets tv from Virgin and I have to use DTV

can I change A9 to turn on/off DTV?

TEL
  • 06-18-2009 3:27 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

rednik:

At least they have seen sense on the latest TVs and made the TV command usefull again.  At last with the 8-40 you can assign the digital tuner to "TV" and use DTV, and VMEM for set top boxes

Yep, but as I found this affects link-room TVs. If you assign your DTV or Sky box to 'TV', press 'TV' on a link-room television, it attempts to use it's own built-in module.

• 06-18-2009 3:45 PM In reply to

moxxey:

rednik:

Yep, but as I found this affects link-room TVs. If you assign your DTV or Sky box to 'TV', press 'TV' on a link-room television, it attempts to use it's own built-in module.

True, I don't have any link TV's at the moment that don't have their own DTV so don't realy care ;-). Would "link, TV" pull through the digital tuner from the master TV?  If so it's not an issue with a beo 5, and I think with a beo 4 you can put it in permanent link mode so just pressing TV would send a LINK TV command anyway - I need to have a play when the mrs has finished watching her tat and see if it works

• 06-19-2009 3:46 AM In reply to

TWG:

Trip, does that mean I have to buy a new Keyring or is it possible to switch N.Radio with the current A9?

Would be great if there where a opportunity to configure the A9 somehow like assigning my own sources. For Example:
    - N.Radio
    - Radio
    - Light
    - V.Aux

It would be great to have it user assignable. As it is now, I lack the possibility to turn on CD. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)