in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-21-2009 2:01 PM by stephen290361. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2009 2:51 PM

Link Rooms

Hi Guys

I am trying to view the beomedia from another room the beomedia is connected to my Beovision7 through the connection 5 i have a vga connection as well as a standard video. I have tried to use PC on my beo4 remote in another room, but I get no response. I have changed the connection settings to V-mem and get a response but no sound or video. The video signle is comming up in the main room all though its poor. I have had the B&O people round but they have no answer at the moment. If you press n-music or N-Radio it dose play in the other rooms but it is a little frustrating if you can't see what your doing also.

Can anyone help please?

• 06-20-2009 3:44 PM In reply to

Re: Link Rooms

• 06-21-2009 2:48 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

In principal, Beomedia1 could not be distributed in link rooms (Video signal). However as far as I can recomend is (as long as you have the frequency distrbutor) to put Beomedia1 as a V.Aux command, and then use in your link rooms the L-V.Aux command to bring it. I'm not sure if this will work but you should also have the Beomedia1 in option 2 as well.

Not all of the TVs have the PC command so V.Aux is the only solution in this cases.

Please somebody correct if I'm wrong.

Best regards

Spiros

• 06-21-2009 4:09 AM In reply to

MX

• 06-21-2009 4:21 AM In reply to

I'm not sure what you mean by frequency distrbutor is that the coax cable that sends the video signal to the link rooms if so yes. Is option 2 for bm1 set from the computer? The tv in the link room is a 5 year old mx and dose not respond to the PC command but will respond to the V-mem command. the only other option I have on BV7 (AV5) is dvd2,v.aux2, pc.

• 06-21-2009 4:28 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Sorry about it. I meant the RF Modulatos that it is used in Link systems. Your MX should bring out the V.Aux from the link (I use this for my SAT Receiver).

The Beomedia1 will only use V.Aux or PC. I would suggest that you put Beomedia1 in V.Aux (Cancelling the other V.Aux that you are using) so that you test it this way.

Unfortunatelly these are the only two commands you can use in BM1. Try it like that and then obviously you can put as V.Aux2 the one you are using as V.Aux now.

Let us know if it works (It should work in my opinion)

Best regards

Spiros

• 06-21-2009 1:19 PM In reply to

Hi Spiros

I have tried all alternatives no joy I'm afraid but thanks for your help. I think it could be the qulity of the signal comming from the BM1 video out I think I will have to convert from VGA to DVi and then to HDMI (alot of conversion) but from all the combinations I did try I never got  any sound, but I get that when I go to N-Music. I just pulled out the mini jack from the BM1 and still get sound so must be using an alternative source possably the beoport I have in the link system?

Again thanks for the help.

• 06-21-2009 1:48 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hi Stephen.

Obviously the signal will be poor if you use so many converters. However, I would suggest that you use the Scart option or the triple Red, Yellow and white cables(VGA). Of course in such a test I would also unplug all devices.

Your N-Music and n-Radio will work definetelly over the link.

Another stupid question but just to ask. Do you have it linked? I mean do you use the ML connection on BM1? Also you should disconnect the Beoport in such a case. Frankly spoken I think Beoport is not much of a use if you have a Beomedia1. But your choice...

I'm pretty much sure that on V.Aux (If BM1 linked) should work. All other sources from your Video Master are being distributed in the rest of your link TVs? e.g. DVD, SAT Rx, VTape etc? Also do you have the iR eye connected? If it's linked I think you do not need to use it due to double commands.

I'm sure we will finally come to a good result. It's only a matter of time some effort and many many tests!!!!!!!!

Regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 06-21-2009 2:01 PM In reply to

Hi Spiro

I did as you suggested and I agree that through a scart connection and using V-Aux it should work in fact so do the B&O engineers who came round on Saturday to check it. They are going to come back to next week so I will keep you posted.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)