in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-10-2009 2:39 PM by mylpen. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-21-2009 4:09 PM

How to control mac mini with beo4 remote? Any suggetions or tips ?

Hello,

I have a mac mini that we would like to use in our office as small media center.
    What is the best way to control the mac mini with the beo4 remote? A beoport ,IRtrans box, Lintronic box or are other possibilities ?

The mac mini will be hooked up to our existing pioneer plasma and and Beosound4000 (ouverture)

Any tips and help in this matter will be grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

O.

• 05-24-2009 9:00 PM In reply to

Re: How to control mac mini with beo4 remote? Any suggetions or tips ?

this has been discussed a lot. I have used IRTrans/Ired. Only thing I would do different is use the network rather then the USB version.

Fast scrolling is still an issue with it I believe. I do believe though that there was somebody who programmed to get it too work. Most of us by now I think use the STB in their B&O TVs to control it.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-07-2009 12:23 AM In reply to

I have just ordered a BV8 40 and want to connect a mac mini to it rather than apple tv. Do the IR blasters work with Mac mini? I was told they work with Apple TV but not the mini. I thought probably the IR codes were the same for all Apple products as the Apple remote seems to work with all the products. Will the Beo4 operate the Mac mini?

Also why in the list of third party PUC's does it list three Apple products: 

Apple HOME MEDIA Apple-Remote

Apple STB Apple-Remote

Apple STB Remote

I am guessing these are all the same. Would I be correct in saying this?

The Apple TV connects with HDMI, I guess the Mac mini uses mini DVI to HDMI. Is this correct.

Some of these questions are probably lame but I am really confused.

paddy2042

Patrick

• 06-09-2009 10:06 AM In reply to

paddy2042:

I have just ordered a BV8 40 and want to connect a mac mini to it rather than apple tv. Do the IR blasters work with Mac mini? I was told they work with Apple TV but not the mini. I thought probably the IR codes were the same for all Apple products as the Apple remote seems to work with all the products. Will the Beo4 operate the Mac mini?

Yes the BV8 irblaster should be able to handle the mac mini. They will do what the apple remote does.

Also why in the list of third party PUC's does it list three Apple products: 

Apple HOME MEDIA Apple-Remote

Apple STB Apple-Remote

Apple STB Remote

One of these will be the correct one, most likely the first one>

I am guessing these are all the same. Would I be correct in saying this?

The Apple TV connects with HDMI, I guess the Mac mini uses mini DVI to HDMI. Is this correct.

Some of these questions are probably lame but I am really confused.

Depends on your mac mini. Mine is an old one so it has dvi and a use a dvi to hdmi cable. If you mac mini has a mini dvi, get the apple mini-dvi to hdmi cable. Also do not forget to connect the sound as dvi or mini dvi only handles image. 

paddy2042

• 06-09-2009 10:45 AM In reply to

For the different remote types in the STB list, that evolved over time. THey had initially one in Europe and a different one in the US but those would not support fast scrolling. THen a bit later that was added. At this point I still believe its not perfect but workable, at least to me. I.e. the long push on "Go" which would activate Genius or stand bye with the Apple remote is not there but I cn live with that.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-10-2009 2:39 PM In reply to

• mylpen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-16-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

I tested the Bv8-40 with mac mini (2008 version)+ Beo4 and Remote-buddy. It worked very well. The only real problem was that mac mini recognized BV8-40 only as 720p or 1080i and not as 1080p. Video connection was naturally dvi to hdmi cable.

rgds

Pentti

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)