in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-14-2009 2:12 AM by Dillen. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-02-2009 4:29 AM

• ourios
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-02-2009
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

BEOCENTER 9500 POWERS UP AND IMEDIATELLY TURNS OFF

Dear people with knowledge

Poor ignorant in Crete Greece, 100's of miles away from a certified service. 

Two weeks ago there was one sudden power surge and then ofr a few hours we had no electricity.  I immediately pluged out my Beocenter.  The next day ... it will not start. It is on standby, any of the defferent sources get activated and then within a second it goes back to standby.   I downloaded the service manual and took it to a local service, he checked the fuses that are next to the transformer and said ok.   Any suggestions to avoid transfering it to Athens.

• 05-02-2009 6:42 AM In reply to

Re: BEOCENTER 9500 POWERS UP AND IMEDIATELLY TURNS OFF

HI ourios

Please tell me if before this happened was the bc9500 always connnected to the mains.If that's the case your probem are related to the capacitors in the power section one ore maybe two of them can't "charge" any more,and also check the lithium battery

regards

jan

• 05-04-2009 3:44 AM In reply to

• ourios
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-02-2009
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

In the hope I am not being a pest, I would like to ask you, are there only two capasitors in question ? Are those visible. Since even though BC is in standbye mode and doors open and programming clock activateable, any of the sources, tape,cd,or radio dont operate.  Thank you again for your time

• 05-04-2009 6:15 AM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

Have you checked the speaker wires? Or tried with speakers disconnected? If any of the speaker wires (or plugs) is shorted the protection circuit will turn the BC off. (I think so, haven't tried / seen but it might work that way)

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 05-04-2009 6:31 AM In reply to

• ourios
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-02-2009
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Yes I have chechek the system with the speaker wires disconected.

• 05-04-2009 6:39 AM In reply to

Hi ourios

You now says that you can operate doors and timer.When you use the remote to change source(cd radio etc) does it change to the source,but no sound??

regards

jan

• 05-04-2009 11:19 AM In reply to

• ourios
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-02-2009
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Dear  Jan,

it turns back to standbye immediately, it does not gieve time to check if sound is produced not even with the radio. From the touch panel or from the remote the result is the same: a couple of seconds on and then  standbye again.

• 06-12-2009 8:51 AM In reply to

• blong
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-20-2009
    • Posts 47
    • Silver Member

Hi there = If you go to the Workbench Forum and read the posts about the faults re the BM 6000 - a fault in the power supply etc, there are some good hints and tips which may apply to your problem.  Can you give us some idea of your technical ability, which would help us in advising you!  E.G. Have you a digital multi-meter and do you know how to use it? Regards = Brian (Northumberland)

• 06-14-2009 2:12 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Could be an amplifier problem but could also be a matter of cracked solder joints, I've seen this happen many
    times, especially in the power supply areas and around the voltage regulators.

Sounds like a job for a trained tech guy.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)