in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-29-2009 11:54 AM by almancil. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2009 9:40 AM

LC2 passive controlHH

Good afternoon,

I have a bose speaker setup in my garden connected to a BS9000 via BL passive with the standard IR eye 

what i was wondering was whether it is possible to take the pcb from the Light controller 2 and build it in to a standard switch casing (because it is much smaller than the pcb from the normal IR eye)and use it to control my outdoor speakers instead of the normal IR eye

Best regards 

Steven

• 05-29-2009 10:11 AM In reply to

Re: LC2 passive controlHH

almancil:
    what i was wondering was whether it is possible to take the pcb from the Light controller 2 and build it in to a standard switch casing (because it is much smaller than the pcb from the normal IR eye)and use it to control my outdoor speakers instead of the normal IR eye

interesting thought... may i ask what your intent is?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-29-2009 10:45 AM In reply to

well what i was thinking was rather than 1 of those ugly water proof boxes for the IR eyes i would build the LC2 sensor into a standard water-proof transparent sensor switch that matched my houses switches and sockets.

Regards 

• 05-29-2009 11:14 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

You can use a Vishay TSOP 7000. It`s a 455 kHz IR eye and will work with your Beolink passive. It`s about 1 cm x 1 cm small.

Easier and cheaper than your solution. I don´t even know whether an LC2 will work.........I don`t think so.

Available here: http://www.lintronic.dk/InfraRedReceivers.htm - called TT-IR-1455

The IR range is not as good as the original Beo IR eye, but ok. You won`t have the direct volume control, just via Beo4.

Hope this helps.

Stefan

• 05-29-2009 11:54 AM In reply to

Thanks man that sounds like a good idea i will try and get 1 of those

the LC2 costs about 30€ which was better than the 61€ for the normal eye but if thats cheaper i got to give it a go

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)