in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-22-2009 9:04 AM by tournedos. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2009 4:28 AM

Range of remote controls

I have a couple of Beolink 1000's and both of them seem to have considerably shorter range than my Beo4's - still not bad, but enough that you often have to pick them up from the desk, while a Beo4 can lay just about anywhere and still work. Is this generally so, or is there any service that can be done to improve them? Batteries are not the problem.

I would expect that IR LEDs have improved a lot in the years between those remotes, especially as the Beo4 only has one LED and BL1000 has two. It might be possible to upgrade the LEDs in the BL1000 to make a 'super' zapper Big Smile

-mika

• 05-22-2009 8:19 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Range of remote controls

tournedos:

especially as the Beo4 only has one LED

Surprise News to me!Surprise

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-22-2009 8:27 AM In reply to

I have both a Mk II en Mk III Beolink 1000 and a couple of Beo 4's. All have about the same range. Am I just lucky, or do you live in a bigger house than I do, Mika? Stick out tongue

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 05-22-2009 9:04 AM In reply to

beocool:

I have both a Mk II en Mk III Beolink 1000 and a couple of Beo 4's. All have about the same range. Am I just lucky, or do you live in a bigger house than I do, Mika? Stick out tongue

If there was a contest of the Beoworlder with the smallest flat, I'd finally have a chance of winning something! Laughing

I guess these all would reach a mile if you aim them, but my Beo4's seem a lot more capable of bouncing off a couple of surfaces before reaching the target. Perhaps the BL1000's aren't what they're supposed to be, the other one was salvaged through an ultrasonic bath. It was corroded so badly that I would've never believed it to work again.

@Jandyt, I guess I haven't paid attention when I've had them open, I just looked at the tiny window...

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)