in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-28-2010 1:37 PM by Large48. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2010 9:54 AM

BV7-40 Mark 3 - Setup / Install questions issues etc?

Hi all,

Managed to set my Mark 3 (after upgrading from a Mark 1) up yesterday and found it was a bit of a pain in the harris!

Main issue is with the sound.

Lots of Powerlink sockets and apart from the Centre and Sub NONE of them give you a clue as to where to plug stuff in! Even the manual / guide doesn't say!

You then go through and try every channel(?) to find which one of your speakers is attached (complete guesswork) to assign the speaker type (at least the BL9 is on the list now) and what of the many functions it will perform.

The issue is it does the front pair and then the surround pair before you can do the rear pair, is this correct?

It seems with only the Centre and 4 x BL I can only get Pro Logic II and not Dolby 5 (of 5.1).

Do I lose much by having 2 Surround (Mid?) as opposed to rears?

Also, I'm presuming that the Mark 3 does 7.2 (Sub and Rear?)

One last one, will using a Passive with a couple of CX100's work as a pair of rears?

Cheers

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

Filed under:
  • 01-27-2010 10:20 AM In reply to

Re: BV7-40 Mark 3 - Setup / Install questions issues etc?

Hmmm strange..

I also got a 7-4 an d the setup was pretty easy in terms of PowerLink & speakers.

If you sit behind the TV, on the right hand side in the middle you find the speaker section.

First connector is the center, second connector the sub, all other connections are free.

Plug your speakers in and go to the software menu and select the attached models, you should hear a noise signal from the speaker you just highlighted/selected, so its easy to assign the slot to the speaker

After that, you select the setup in a different menu as you go over each virtual connector and assign the position (rear, front left, surround etc)

Thats about it....

Another thing, forget the "surround" speakers, if you have a classical 5.1 (front/rear/center/sub) setup, you assign the rear speakers as "rear left / right" not surround!

I cannot tell you any specifics but it works like that with my setup (BL7-4 as center / Beolab 5 as front left/right and Beolab 8000 as rear left/right)

Rgds

Stephan

• 01-27-2010 11:00 AM In reply to

Hi

On the BS3 systems, that is MK III and MK IV, it doesnt matter how you connect the speakers. The assignments are done in the software.

So connect the speakers where you want to, and set it up afterwards.

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 01-27-2010 11:27 AM In reply to

Thanks for ther replies, although it doesn't let me assign the rear speakers, only surround ones and this is backed up by what is says in the manual.

It won't let you save them as rear only as surround.

It looks like its running 5.08, is this a known issue?

Cheers

• 01-27-2010 11:40 AM In reply to

That is because you will have to set them as surround. Rear settings are only when you need  7.1.

If this is not the case the correct setting is surround for your "rear"- speakers.

/Ehlerz

• 01-27-2010 11:42 AM In reply to

Thats funny, in my setup its vice versa... if I assign them as "surround" the software doesn't save the configuration, works only if I assign the BL8000s as rear speakers.

Maybe it depends on the speakers connected ....

Cheers

Stephan

• 01-27-2010 11:47 AM In reply to

Stephen, when you set Speaker 5 up and then go to the menu to show what Sound envuironment is working, does it show Dolby 5.1 or Dolby Pro Logic?

cheers

• 01-27-2010 12:03 PM In reply to

Large48:

Stephen, when you set Speaker 5 up and then go to the menu to show what Sound envuironment is working, does it show Dolby 5.1 or Dolby Pro Logic?

cheers

Hi Large48

That depends on the input signal. For ordinary tv watching in 5.1, mine says dolby pro logic, because it is not broadcasted in dolby digital. There is still sound in all speakers, but it is not REAL Dolby digital. When watching a DVD with Dolby Digital, it says Dolby Digital.

In a 5.1 setup, the correct setting for "Rear speakers" is "Surround". The "Rear" speakers in a 7.1 setup is "Rear" and there are not much sound coming from these channels.

Tjeck this link for further explanation

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/129023.html

@ Stephan. 

This is odd :-)

/Ehlerz

• 01-27-2010 12:08 PM In reply to

Thanks Ehlerz,

I'll try with some DVD's to see what happens.

Cheers

• 01-28-2010 5:38 AM In reply to

In speaker 5 mode, it depends on the played source.

DVD / BluRay - 5.1

TV (cable) - Stereo

I will check the setup today regarding the "surround" & "rear" settings but I remember that I couldn't save the configuration if the rear speakers are described as "surround"

Rgds

Stephan

• 01-28-2010 1:37 PM In reply to

Has anyone tried a Passive / MCL2P with a BV7, does it pick up a pair of speakers or just a single one?

Also should I really sort out a Sub?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)