in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-04-2009 4:34 AM by malcolm welborn. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-03-2009 4:27 AM

bv10

hi im going to order a bv10 and was wondering if anyone knows whether the sky dig box can be fitted to the back of the tv like you can on the bv9 i believe, my dealer does receive dem model till dec hence the question

many thanks

malcolm welborn

canary islands

• 11-03-2009 12:22 PM In reply to

Re: bv10

Just been to the UK launch - lovely set. Are you planning to use the floor mount? I see no reason why you could not mount the Sky box to the back - I dare say STB brackets will make a suitable fixing. However the main point of the BV10 is its slimness so I would put it somewhere hidden!

• 11-03-2009 1:31 PM In reply to

many thanks peter for your reply you make a valid point might be better hidden

I am also going to upgrade to sky+ hd is it connected differently to the standard pace sky box, someone told me you need another lnb fitting to the dish is this correct?

Malcolm

• 11-03-2009 1:33 PM In reply to

PS

i am using motorised stand yes

malcolm

• 11-03-2009 2:08 PM In reply to

Hi Malcolm

Wow what a beautiful television  you are very lucky!  Yes, I have a BeoVision 8-40 and have Sky+ HD connected to it!  Yes usually a dual LNB is fitted to the minidisc therefore 2 cables are conncted to the box from the dish. This is required for the facility to record 2 channels at once. Don't worry if you live in an apartment and have a shared dish with 1 LNB cable - you can still use Sky+ HD but you won't be able to record 2 channels at once or watch one channel whilst recording another.  The only thing that makes me feel ill with the SKY+ HD is the fact that most at present are made by Amstrad  not a tasteful brand to go with the B&O  unfortunately we have no choice as to what make Sky provide

• 11-03-2009 2:25 PM In reply to

The latest generation boxes are Samsung now, not that that makes it any better!

I am looking forward to seeing the BV10 in the flesh!

• 11-03-2009 2:32 PM In reply to

The Samsung box is pretty creditable however, Sky now own Amstrad and after speaking to a fitter the other week, the majority are now Amstrad being offered.  There will be a new Amstrad one in 2010 same looks however, smaller in ize and 500gb harddrive. Im sure those HD images will look amazing on the BV10  wish they would put that Samsung LED LCD screen in the BV8-40 especially ater seeing Samsung LED LCD televisions in Currys over the weekend for £700!  Really think they need to sort that BV8-32 screen out  saw one in Manchester yesterday displaying a HD channel  of my gosh, nothing special  made me feel rather embarrased for B&O especially at that price

• 11-03-2009 4:59 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

This is required for the facility to record 2 channels at once. Don't worry if you live in an apartment and have a shared dish with 1 LNB cable - you can still use Sky+ HD but you won't be able to record 2 channels at once or watch one channel whilst recording another. 

If you only have one feed, it is possible to connect a "T-Piece" and join the one cable to both LNB inputs on the Sky+ or Sky HD box. You are then only limited if you want to watch and record programmes on different polarity.

Opman

• 11-04-2009 4:34 AM In reply to

many thanks for your quick replies

malcolm welborn

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)