in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-06-2007 9:46 PM by Wings. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-02-2007 1:41 PM

MX television: How to remove the screen

I was wondering if it is possible to remove the front glass in order to clean it. I've noticed there are some areas of dust behind it.

What can you use to remove this without damaging the unit?

Any suggestion?

Thanks 

Filed under:
  • 06-02-2007 2:08 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: MX television: How to remove the screen

Would also like to know how to do this. I have had a replacement glass for my MX5500 for over 6 months now. One of those jobs I still have not got round to.Embarrassed

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-02-2007 2:16 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

There are 4 screws located in each corner behind the flexible plasic strips above and below the contrast screen. These strips pull off by pushing in one end & pulling sidways (outwards?) at the same time - start from the right hand side of each one.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 06-02-2007 2:27 PM In reply to

Thanks Chris,

I'll have a go  Geeked

Bruno 

• 06-02-2007 3:27 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Thanks also Chris, one new Contrast Screen fitted. As a point of interest an MX6000/70000 screen will fit an MX5500. You just need to carefully remove the two extra pieces that are about 2/3 of the way down.

CraigBig Smile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-02-2007 8:13 PM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Is it safe to assume the same procedure will apply to a MX8000?  There is this annoying black item caught behind the contrast screen.  Thanks.
  • 06-03-2007 4:03 AM In reply to

Yes. The service manual for the MX8000 is actually on site.
  • 06-06-2007 5:22 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Thanks, Peter.  Me and technical stuff is like fire and gasoline:  things get blown apart and near impossible to put back together -- regardless of a service manual. Wink Stick out tongue
  • 06-06-2007 6:33 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Wings:
    Thanks, Peter.  Me and technical stuff is like fire and gasoline:  things get blown apart and near impossible to put back together -- regardless of a service manual. Wink Stick out tongue

Just send me the plane tickets Wings and I'll pop along and do it for you for the cost of beer & board for a fortnightStick out tongue

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 06-06-2007 9:46 PM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Medogsfat:

Wings:

Just send me the plane tickets Wings and I'll pop along and do it for you for the cost of beer & board for a fortnightStick out tongue

Chris.

Oy, mate!

I fear your reputation for consumption of beer over the course of a fortnight, if accurate, would cost more than a replacement MX8000/AV9000.  Wink  Laughing  Boarding is not a problem if you don't mind sleeping on the living room floor. Stick out tongue  Oasis, the new budget airline, is offering round-trip ["return" for you lot] tickets for HK$2020.00 [about 130 pounds sterling].

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)