in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-02-2009 6:09 AM by PhilLondon. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-01-2009 5:35 PM

Switching all Beolink products on

Good evening, firstly a big hello from a fellow B&O enthusiast, I wanted to make my first post informative and interesting, or perhaps help answer the question of a forum user... unfortunately my wife is insisting I ask a technical question which I do not know the answer to.

We have a masterlink system consisting of several B&O products scattered throughout our home. The question is "Is it possible to turn all of the equipment on from one particular room?" I realise it's possible to turn everything off by holding the power button down, I just wondered if the opposite action existed?

Fantastic community and site here, I look forward to being able to (hopefully) answer others question in the future! great work.

Kind regards,
    Cal

• 02-01-2009 7:13 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Switching all Beolink products on

Hi Cal, I notice this is your first post since you joined in November, so a very warm welcome, and thank you for joining as a gold member.Smile

I'm fairly sure there isn't an all on sequence. A rotating TV in a room where you aren't, could be a serious hazard to a baby who is retrieving a Lego brick from behind it at the time. Could be quite messy if you have a white carpet! (Not sure if throwing white wine on the stain would work)
    You'll probably notice, that pressing 'hard off' will not park your TV in another room for the same reason.

Why would you want equipmet on in a room where you aren't anyway?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-01-2009 8:03 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

ML Gateway Big Smile

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 02-01-2009 8:15 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Jandyt:

A rotating TV in a room where you aren't, could be a serious hazard to a baby who is retrieving a Lego brick from behind it at the time. Could be quite messy if you have a white carpet! (Not sure if throwing white wine on the stain would work)

LOL!!! Are you drunk Andy T? Laughing

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 02-02-2009 2:57 AM In reply to

Callen:
    "Is it possible to turn all of the equipment on from one particular room?"

No, it is not possible to control other rooms, except turning the system off.

• 02-02-2009 3:03 AM In reply to

The only way to turn everything on is by use of a timer and with all rooms set to timer on. That would turn everything on at the same time.

• 02-02-2009 4:01 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Or get a box from LinTronic in every room with external IR-receiver in the main room. Odd, but it will do the trick.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 02-02-2009 6:10 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Dave:

Jandyt:

A rotating TV in a room where you aren't, could be a serious hazard to a baby who is retrieving a Lego brick from behind it at the time. Could be quite messy if you have a white carpet! (Not sure if throwing white wine on the stain would work)

LOL!!! Are you drunk Andy T? Laughing

I was, a little. SorryEmbarrassed  It was all true though!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-02-2009 6:51 AM In reply to

I know were you are coming from Andy, B&O recently released a study about moving parts.

They were explaining haw it was dangerous to have moving parts in remote controlled appliances as it would be dangerous, unless you control them from the room itself.

They gave the example of the turning TV, that could knock a flower pot.

B&O explained they have solved the problem, by not making things move when triggered from other rooms. For example, if you switch your main system off, from a link room, the main room TV will turn off, without coming back to its center position.

I think it is the same when you use the TIMER PLAY. The TV would start playing but would not move.

Clever B&O! That's why we like them.

---

Regarding the initial question, the using the TIMER is a very good idea.

Make sure all rooms have their PLAY TIMER ON. And if you want to switch music in all room, program, from the main TV, or main Hifi a TIMER PLAY for the source you want that starts in a minute.

Not very practical though.

• 02-02-2009 8:47 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

You make me laugh so much Andy! Smile

• 02-04-2009 5:22 PM In reply to

Dave:
    You make me laugh so much Andy

Have a look at this very serious document:

http://www.pervasive-computing.dk/publications/files/cfpc.pdf

• 02-04-2009 5:51 PM In reply to

I suspect that using an A9 keyring or the Beo 5 remote with the right kind of programmed macros might help you further. You'd have to look into it further.

Simon.

• 02-04-2009 6:29 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The Beo5 and A9 won't be able to do this. In fact I believe there is no way to do this at present.

May I ask why you wish to switch all products in the link system on? There may be some other alternative solution...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 02-04-2009 8:09 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Well if someone puts a candle right in the path of a turning television, they're asking for trouble!! haha!

• 04-30-2009 5:04 PM In reply to

Thanks so much for the replies, the thinking behind it was due to living in a tall house where the master bedroom is on the top floor, by the time I've navigated down to the kitchen clumsily woken the wife, found my way out of the bathroom, tripped over the dog and poured some milk on my toast I'll usually have wandered into several rooms. I like the idea of setting the timer to help in the mornings though, I'd never thought of turning everything onto timer. (duh!)

Regards,

Cal

• 04-30-2009 6:01 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Experiences from the sales floor (which I am loathe to do):  Despite Andy's rather lurid, though convincing, scenario (and I have a cat and an Avant); I call this the 3-in-the-morning rule.  Anything it is possible to do, you WILL do by mistake.  If, for instance, you accidentally awaken your wife (or God forbid, the children) once, that might be forgiven...twice and you are dead.  the BeoLink® system insists that if you are to activate sound in a particular room, you will be in shoe-throwing distance of its occupants.  Simple, really...and far safer.

Devil

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 04-30-2009 6:54 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

This is one of many features the Crestron B&O AV interface is capable of, there are also others.  The remote is cool to. Just press Source - location - time....  eg CD, pool area - 30min... Crestron UK can help out...

The people who use this integration are not concerned with the cost...

Beoaus.

• 05-01-2009 1:35 AM In reply to

beoaus:

This is one of many features the Crestron B&O AV interface is capable of, there are also others.  The remote is cool to. Just press Source - location - time....  eg CD, pool area - 30min... Crestron UK can help out...

The people who use this integration are not concerned with the cost...

Beoaus.

This is an option but if your system is entirely B&O the ML Gateway will do it for you at a fraction of the price.  The ML Gateway will allow you complete control of all your B&O products from any room that has an IR sensor.

• 05-02-2009 6:09 AM In reply to

meandmyshadow:
    ML Gateway will do it for you at a fraction of the price

Is the ML Gateway currently available?

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)