in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-26-2009 5:37 PM by VICENTE. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-26-2009 2:51 PM

re-Auto switching on of surround speakers on Beovision 7 Mk 3 With Sky H.D.

I have a Beovision 7 mark 3 with sky hd and at the moment use the optical out of the sky box into a optical to coax conv into the digital input on tv so when i switch from a stereo channel to a surround channel the rear speakers turn on. I was hoping as im using hdmi connection and this carries multi channel audio this would have worked without the optical cable but is does not. I changed the setup to say sound input via hdmi in settings menu but had to change it back to spdif and use optical cable. Its just a pain to have to have a nother cable and converter box and mains to this box behind the t.v. Has anyone got a better solution or setup. I am still using the scart as well as i understand i will not be able to control my sky on link tv's is this correct as well does anyone know thanks paul.

• 04-26-2009 4:51 PM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Re: re-Auto switching on of surround speakers on Beovision 7 Mk 3 With Sky H.D.

Hi Paul

I have a Tvix 6500 and a Clarke Tech HD sat receiver connected to my BV7-Mk3 only with HDMI cables. The sound is like it should. If I play a 5.1 movie or a 5.1 channel in the sat box, my rear speakers turn on. I don't need an spdif cable. Maybe you have to change some settings in the Sky box too, not only in the BV menú.

I don't have a link TV, but ML cable doesn't carry HD content, so you need to connect the Sky box with analogue cables too. This is what I think, but maybe I am wrong.

Quim

• 04-26-2009 5:37 PM In reply to

Re: re-Auto switching on of surround speakers on Beovision 7 Mk 3 With Sky H.D.

Hello Paul.

I think the same that Quim says you. I have a Tvix 6500 and a Thomson T-10 HD Sat connected to BV7-40 MK3 by HDMI and I ONLY had to change in both devices the audio output to HDMI. So you don't need to change any option in your BV menu, only say HDMI input AV.

I have my Thomson connected by scart too. You need do it to see the sat by link in others beovisions. But you need to know if your sat can out video by HDMI and SCART together. I can do it with my Thomson, but is not possible with the Tvix. In this device, I must choice one, HDMI or SCART.

Vicente

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)