in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-18-2009 3:35 PM by Medogsfat. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2009 11:41 PM

Beosystem 2300 cd player dead

Hi everyone!

I`ve got a little problem: just bought an old (1991) 2300. I was told that everything works perfectly, byt when Beosystem arrived seems that cd doesn´t work.

When I press "play" laser eye moves up, but cd does not spin at all. After few seconds laser drops down and thats it..

Just called B&O dealer and they said there is maybe cd unit that needs to renew. If I have to buy new cd unit, can i change it by myself (or is it possible)???

What should I do?

All tips needed!!!

Sorry about the mistakes!

/Nenomlock

• 04-18-2009 3:50 AM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 2300 cd player dead

First thing to do is to clean the CD laser lens with a cotton wool bud damped in isopropanol (dry if nothing else)

Now try the CD again.

Working?

Regards Graham

• 04-18-2009 4:36 AM In reply to

HI

First tell me does the laser go in an arc or is it going in a straight line considering the age I will presume its an arc if thats the case you cannot get that type anymore and if it has to be changed it will then be the new type and some modifications has to be made it's quite expensive.I dont know if your are familiar with repairing electronic units but if you want some advise  how to  try to fix it please reply

mvh

jan

• 04-18-2009 7:40 AM In reply to

Hi again!

And thanks for advises! I havent try to clean the laser yet, but i will clean it soon.

Laser is an arc type. By the way: If the laser is pointed with a flash light, laser moves back and forward in depht.

I let you know by the evening!

Thanks!

• 04-18-2009 8:21 AM In reply to

Hi neomlock

Another thing is it burned cd's you are using they are not well read by this laser have you tried with brand new cd,and if you burn cd's burn them at max 8x speed

regards

jan

• 04-18-2009 11:11 AM In reply to

Hi Nenomlock and welcome to Beoworld,

I also own a Beosystem 2300 which is also from 1991, which had the same problem. The CD-mechanism was replaced by the new type and I also had a new door mechanism fitted. total cost was € 454 if I remember correctly.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 04-18-2009 3:07 PM In reply to

Good evening from Lapland/Finland!

Cleaning didnt help :(  It seems that I have to send Beosystem back to previous owner...

Thank good I still have my Beosound 3000 (and many other B&O products) ;)

Thank you for helping me!

Best regards,

Nenomlock

• 04-18-2009 3:35 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

That's a shame but I think returning it is the right thing to do. It is not worth the trouble & expense of getting it fixed sadly.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)