in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-17-2009 8:57 AM by Opman. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2009 7:37 AM

Having both N.Radio/N-Music and CD distributed across the link network?

Hi,

After long pondering (and lurking/reading whatever I could find on B&O on the web) I'm about to jump and join the B&O community. However, before buyingan audio system I wanted to clarify some things with the experts :-)

I intent on buying both a system (BS9000 or BS4 or BC2) and a Beoport, potentially upgrading to a BS-BM5 later (looked at it with a dealer; it looks great but the postings here about both SW upgrades + inability to disable MOTS make me uneasy and I rather wait until it somehow matures).

Future configuration could be something like Beoport in study, system/center in living room and BL3500 in bedroom

My question are:

(1) Is it possible to broadcast on the link both a CD and N.music/N.radio? For instance to listen to the N.radio in the living room and CD in bedroom?

(2) Is there a difference between the BS9000, BS4 or BC2? I read that the BS4 & BC2 support more than one source but I'm sure what it concretly means...

Thanks in advance for your help

Jerome

PS: this being my first post, please advise if I posted it at wrong place or anything :-O

• 04-11-2009 9:14 AM In reply to

Re: Having both N.Radio/N-Music and CD distributed across the link network?

I don't think it is possible to broadcast two different sources although I may be wrong. I have never tried to do that.  Others here would know much better than I but thought I would at least give you my opinion. I will have to try it with my system and see if I am right or not.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 04-12-2009 1:51 PM In reply to

Ok, thanks for the info

Jerome

• 04-12-2009 3:20 PM In reply to

Answers to :

(1) No. Both audiosignals are travelling along the ML stereoleads.

Watching TV/DVD/Sat in bedroom and listening to a CD in the kitchen is possible though. Both are control through ML, but the sound from the TV/DVD etc goes mono accros the coaxcable (except for stereo via AV-DVD etc)

(2) The BS900 doesn't have a display like the BS4 or BC2. The BS4 and the BC2 shows more information like artist, album at the same time.

• 04-17-2009 8:57 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Hi Jerome

The BeoSound4 and BeoCentre2 DO offer dual source functionality as long as one of the sources is playing in the same room as the audio unit.

i.e CD in the main room via Powerlink to active speakers; then another source in a link room via masterlink.  It is NOT possible to have two sources in two link rooms.

BeoSound9000 and Bsnd3200 are only single source audio systems.

Regards

Opman

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)