in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-26-2010 3:40 PM by stuartross. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2010 1:55 PM

Upgrading BeoMedia 1 to BeoSound 5/BeoMaster 5

Dear Beophiles,

I am considering upgrading BeoMedia 1 to BeoSound 5/BeoMaster 5 but am a little confused with respect to the current functionality of BeoMaster 5. My BeoMedia 1 is connected via a SCART to an early non - HD BV 5: As I don't have the PC function I am unable to interrogate the BeoMedia 1 via a Link TV; if I select a slide show on my BV 5 I can view it (but not control it) via Link AUX on the Beo4. 

Has anybody out there owned both products? Whilst the ease of use of the BeoSound 5 is quite seductive, is there going to be any improvement in sound quality for example? I would be most grateful for any thoughts or observations the BeoWorld community may have on this.

Kind regards.

• 02-26-2010 2:50 PM In reply to

• MikaelB
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Herning, Denmark
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Re: Upgrading BeoMedia 1 to BeoSound 5/BeoMaster 5

Have not owned a BeoMedia 1, but have a BeoSound 5/BeoMaster 5. The BeoMaster 5 is connected bot via HDMI, SPDIF and MasterLink.

Sound quality wise, it uses the SPDIF to transfer sound when playing via the TV (PC function). I have all my music in WMA lossless, so it sound very good.

My TV is a BeoVision 7-40 MkIV, so I guess the connection options does not compare to your BeoVision 5.

/MikaelB

• 02-26-2010 3:40 PM In reply to

Re: Upgrading BeoMedia 1 to BeoSound 5/BeoMaster 5

Dear Mikael,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post.

Kind regards.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)