in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-16-2009 4:34 PM by rayfenwick. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-07-2009 8:16 AM

Beocenter 4000 system for sale. Bristol, UK

Bought in 1987(I think) this is a complete Beocenter system comprising of the Beocenter 4000 with dual cassette decks and AM/FM radio, two Beovox RL 45.2 speakers and a Beogram CDX compact disc player.  The Beocenter is in excellent condition whilst the Beogram has one bar on a segment of the LED display not working.  The speakers are  in reasonable condition, but have a couple of small tears to the covering cloth.  As with all B & O stuff, it is very stylish and sounds crystal clear.  £200 ono.  Buyer collects please as it will be very difficult to ship.  Photos available for anyone interested.

• 04-07-2009 8:58 AM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 4000 system for sale. Bristol, UK

Welcome to Beoworld and thankyou for supporting the site with a Silver membership.

Personally I would keep the CDX and the Redlines and buy a suitable 1980's Beomaster like the 2400-2 as you would have a great system. The Beocenter is undoubdetly the weak link.

If you are determined to sell you may have more luck splitting them up and selling seperately. Not many people will need all three items at once, especially if they already have some B&O.

Of the three items the CDX is far and away the most sought after and must  be newer than 1978 as there were no CD players available then! It could  fetch £100 -  £150 on it's own if it is in mint condition.

The redlines could fetch anything from £30-70 depending on condition and the Beocentre 4000 doesn't get much love as it was made in Japan rather than Denmark and hardly anyone uses cassettes any more!

Simon

• 04-16-2009 4:34 PM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 4000 system for sale. Bristol, UK

wirralsimon:

<snip>

Of the three items the CDX is far and away the most sought after and must  be newer than 1978 as there were no CD players available then! It could  fetch £100 -  £150 on it's own if it is in mint condition.

Simon

Indeed.  The Beogram CDX was launched 1985 - the Philips CD104 it is based on, well, *IS*  was tail end of 1984.  Still one of the best mechanisms ever made, and the CDX is the perfect partner to my Beocenter 7700.

When I get a little less hectic I am going to remove the oversampling and see what it can really sound like Smile

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)