in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-05-2009 2:59 PM by Steve at Sounds Heavenly. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-04-2009 12:41 PM

Connecting Beolab 8000s

Hello,

I intend to connect Beolab 8000s as my front speakers to my non-B&O TV.  Besides the TV, I have a Blue Ray player and a Tivo.  What kind of receiver works best for this setup?  I see an AV7000 on ebay...will this work well?  Thanks much.

Best,

Mani

Filed under: ,
  • 04-04-2009 1:32 PM In reply to

Re: Connecting Beolab 8000s

I really wouldn't bother with the AV7000 - very old technology - only Dolby Pro-Logic. You need an AV amplifier with Pre-amp out RCA sockets and set the BL8000s to line and they will work fine. I would get one that matches the rest of your AV equipment.

• 04-05-2009 2:59 PM In reply to

Re: Connecting Beolab 8000s

Hi Mani,

Peter is quite correct (as always!) and there are many suitable AV Recievers to choose from.  The best option is always to go for one that has RCA pre-outs to drive your Beolab speakers directly.  The other method is to get a normal hifi amplifier and use Attenuated cables to reduce the signal level back down to line level for the Beolab speakers.

There are two golden rules to remember here:-

1) Never connect your TV directly to Beolab speakers unless you are absolutely certain that the audio output sockets are volume controlled.  To my knowledge, the only manufacturer offering this other than B&O is Loewe.  Fixed line level outputs could blow your speakers (and ears) apart! [:'(]

2) Never connect the output of a power amplifier directly to Beolab speakers without using the correct Attenuated cables, for the same reason as above.....

Best regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)