in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-25-2009 9:33 AM by Roger. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-25-2009 6:19 AM

BV8 DTV module + external HDR = Beo4 problem. Help!

Dear Wizards of Beoworld,

I bought DVT module for my BV8, mainly to get an extra Scart and the Masterlink. The problem is that the local, experienced B&O store claims that now I can use my external non-B&O HDR (which used to work by pressing the "DTV" button in Beo4) by pressing V-AUX under LIST. This may seem like a small problem, but because of a low WAF it may become a major problem. I thought the HDR can be used in this case by pressing rubber button VMEM, but this does not seem to be the case? 

Any workaround for this problem, you superheros among B&O installers?

Any idea if and when B&O is producing HDR with digital hybrid tuner?

Is Beo5 a solution? No?

Thanks!

• 03-25-2009 8:38 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Re: BV8 DTV module + external HDR = Beo4 problem. Help!

Is your external non-B&O HDR the same unit that will receive the signal (signal way: antenna, HDR, TV) or do you actually use the "DVT" module (signal way: antenna, tv and then back out to the non-B&O HDR)?

Roger

• 03-25-2009 8:46 AM In reply to

Hi Roger,

thanks for your reply.

My non-B&O HDR/STB has its own DVB-C tuner. B&O, as you know, has a DVB-T tuner. I live in an apartment and the main system (the incoming signal) is cable. However, at present they do broadcast T-signal in the same cable as well. 

At present the B&O DVB-T module gets signal from the house cable, as does the non-B&O STB with HDR. These two machines are not, however, connected to each other.

If it helps, I can buy an "enhancer" and thus connect the B&O module to real "terrestial" antenna.

• 03-25-2009 9:18 AM In reply to

I have a similar setup.

I do not use the internal DVB-T module and I activate my external DVB-C box (over the STB-C) by pressing "LIST" and "V-AUX".

V-AUX is placed first in the list, so I rarely have to press "LIST". Just normally have to press "GO", or one of the buttons for e.g channel 1.

/Claes

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 03-25-2009 9:33 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Claes beat me to it - but here is what I wrote:

Hi,

A fairly straight forward setup, so I assume your dealer is correct. Please forgive me, but starting from scratch: Each input on your tv can be mapped to a key on the Beo4. In the setup menu of the tv you assign each connection to V.MEM, DTV, V.AUX etc.

If you connect your DVB-C box as V.MEM in the tv's setup menu, you may run into problems using the PUC/STB-C (=set-top-box controller). As the DVB-T uses the DTV-connection, I would recommend using V.AUX on the Beo4 and the V.AUX(STB) in the setup menu on the tv. This will trigger a request for the id of your DVB-C box so that you can control it via the Beo4. I am afraid that you will have to use LIST to gain access to V.AUX, so it looses out on WAF.

I am not sure if, on the BV8, you can use any of the other hard buttons: On the BS3 you can assign a connection as "DVD" and still get access to the PUC/STB-C list.

Being at work I am not able to check this - but I will have a look tonight.

Roger

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)