in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-17-2009 8:54 AM by burantek. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-13-2009 3:30 PM

Beocenter 9000

In need of the two little belts that open the tape door and the cd door.  Have been searching and can't find anything.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  This is my first B&O and am excited to get it all fixed up.

Bryan

• 04-13-2009 7:52 PM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 9000

HI Bryan

Don't know where you live but they don't need to be original ones maybe you can get it by a small local radio and tvrepair shop you also need to lubricate the small nylonwheels where the wires are running

regards

jan

• 04-14-2009 4:38 AM In reply to

Your dealer can still order them for you. Tell him they are for the Beocenter 9300. They are in stock and identical!

Putting them on is a job for those people with very even tempers. If you are not a smoker now, you will be after attempting this particular job!!!

Regards Graham

• 04-14-2009 6:10 PM In reply to

Thanks everyone for the quick response to my questions.

• 04-14-2009 6:12 PM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

Putting them on is a job for those people with very even tempers. If you are not a smoker now, you will be after attempting this particular job!!!

It is a stinker!

The first one of these I ever did was when I got my first bit of B&O = a Beocenter 9500.  Both doors off, all the strings completely detached inside, no manual to copy from.  Just as I was almost there it would all PING! and well, you know what it's like..It took me AGES, and had me frustrated almost to tears.  Still, I managed it, and they worked perfectly without any problems.  I sold it on, and as far as I know it is still working fine.

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-14-2009 6:22 PM In reply to

It does look a bit tough.  At first I thought it was only the little black belts, but that would be too easy.

• 04-14-2009 9:10 PM In reply to

bryan,

where are you located?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 04-15-2009 1:06 PM In reply to

Hi bryan

I also thougt it only was the small rubberbelts but i now understand that it's the

wires for both doors it's probyly caused by missing lubrication ore more likely

someone has tried to move them manually its a hughe task and difficult

but is it possible that you know someone with a BC 8000/8500/9000/9500/9300

to get a look how its mounted there are all the same

regards

jan

• 04-16-2009 7:10 AM In reply to

Pinehurst, NC.  Another question:  What type of lube should I be using?

Thanks everybody for the help.

• 04-16-2009 10:22 AM In reply to

sandhockey:

Pinehurst, NC.  Another question:  What type of lube should I be using?

Thanks everybody for the help.

bryan,

1.) here is a thread you should read, it is in re: 8000, but applies to your 9000 as well, it talks about lube, etc...

2.) the reason i asked your locale, is that i am across the border in SC, and i have family in the monroe area not too far from you. i have done a full door(s) rebuild on my 9300 and would be happy to help, in person, or otherwise. these beocenters do not travel well (shipping). believe me, just as the others have mentioned... it is a real joyless job, until you see them fixed and working correctly!

3.) please be careful when opening the case, the glass panels are 99% guaranteed to be loose, and will break! they should be dealt with at the same time. epoxy!

keep us posted, oh, and welcome to beoworld!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 04-17-2009 7:11 AM In reply to

Thanks for the offer Jeff, I will be in touch if I need the help.  I will keep everyone posted on my progress.  I have the phone # of a service center that should get be able to get me the parts.  I'm going to give them a call today.

• 04-17-2009 8:54 AM In reply to

sandhockey:

Thanks for the offer Jeff, I will be in touch if I need the help.  I will keep everyone posted on my progress.  I have the phone # of a service center that should get be able to get me the parts.  I'm going to give them a call today.

no problem. if you have any trouble w/ your source, try b&o atlanta. they will direct you to benny @ modular electronics. nice fellow.

keep us posted!

• B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)